Poll: What kind of bridge?
Poll Options
View poll results: What kind of bridge?
TOM with string thru
5 63%
Tremelo
3 38%
Voters: 8.
Once i finish up my current project in shop, im going to start writing up some CNC code on mastercam to machine out a custom build. Just want to know ur thought/comments/concerns on this.

Neck-thru body w/ alder wings - Maple and Purpleheart neck (still unsure)

22 medium frets with Ibanez JEM Vine inlay

Dimarzio Evolution Bridge/Neck pickup

2 Volume/2 Tone/3way switch/coil splitter for neck pickup

Sperzel Locking tuners

Still unsure whether im going to go with a Tremelo bridge or a String thru bridge

Thats a rough crappy design of something what it should end up looking like, not sure if im going to keep the headstock shape

Tell me what u guys think, any constructive critism would be much abliged
Quote by BigCore1990
Once i finish up my current project in shop, im going to start writing up some CNC code on mastercam to machine out a custom build. Just want to know ur thought/comments/concerns on this.

Neck-thru body w/ alder wings - Maple and Purpleheart neck (still unsure)

22 medium frets with Ibanez JEM Vine inlay

Dimarzio Evolution Bridge/Neck pickup

2 Volume/2 Tone/3way switch/coil splitter for neck pickup

Sperzel Locking tuners

Still unsure whether im going to go with a Tremelo bridge or a String thru bridge

Thats a rough crappy design of something what it should end up looking like, not sure if im going to keep the headstock shape

Tell me what u guys think, any constructive critism would be much abliged

I say go with the TOM. I'm not much of a fan of tremolos. Personally, I'd rather have the sustain and tuning stability.

What's the inspiration for the body?

Regards,

Rob
That's a pretty nice body shape if you're planning on carving it a bit. However, that headstock looks like morning wood that's gone halfway limp. And a headstock that big is just weird, IMO.

P.S.- I voted TOM/string-thru.
Go for the TOM for sure. Nothing beats having a guitar that stays in tune!

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
That headstock is ridiculously ugly dude, may I suggest a 3x3 headstock?
Tom + String-thru is dead sexy and you'll have less problems with the routing etc - it gets my vote.
The body kind of reminds me of a Schecter Synster Custom.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
yeah im gonna come up with a new headstock design i think, i know what u mean by it looking like half limp morning wood. Also i edited most of this with MSPaint so nothing is proportionate, the headstock wouldnt be nearly that big
anyone have any suggestions on a 3x3 headstock, got a few ideas i will post soon