Does anyone know how to tune?Im been playing for 13months and i still dont know how to tune a guitar.
Get yourself a guitar tuner. Cost about 20 bucks, and when you pluck a string, it will tell you if it is flat or sharp. From there, you adjust the tuning pegs to make it in tune. Also, how can you play a guitar that hasnt been tuned in over a year? Yikes, time for new strings too.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
There are lessons about it... use the search function on the main site. And damn, 13 months without tuning? I wonder how you guitar sounds now...
i had my guitar tuned once. and i've changed the strings like twice but i got a new guitar and i was just wonderin' how to get it in tune. oh, on the auto tuners, do they have lik drop d and stuff like that?
i had my guitar tuned once. and i've changed the strings like twice but i got a new guitar and i was just wonderin' how to get it in tune. oh, on the auto tuners, do they have lik drop d and stuff like that?

Jeez! I have to re-tune every other day before I play, and often during playing - I can't begin to imagine how unfathomably out of tune your guitar must be

Not to mention how awful your strings must be...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 28, 2007,
This thread makes baby Jesus cry.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
well sorry i dont have enough money to get a auto tuner or know any people who know how to tune.
If you have the internet you should be able to tune a guitar. They're are thousands of resources out there for this.

*GOB*

C'mon!

/*GOB*

(Hopefully someone gets this...)
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I have a question. My music teacher told me a way to tune a guitar. he said put your finger on the 5th fret on the top E and play the one below open and they have to sound almost like 1 string. and keep goin' down. Does that work?
No he's lying. He's out to trick you! Yeah that's it! Run man run!
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Your low E must be in tune for that to work. You play an A on the low E (5th fret) and the open A string, and they should sound alike, and repeat, etc., but the B on the G string is on the fourth fret (only exception) just get AP tuner. And what you said about tuning your guitar low to high...-___-
sorry to sound like a dick but learn how to ****ing tune by ear, i had too when i started, tuners werent really accessible back then, it helps you so much in the long run
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210