I've been looking all over the internet but can't find much info about the rickenbacker guitar model shaped like a 4001/3 bass. I think they were released in the 70's but that's about all I know. Have there been re-issues? How much would they cost, roughly. What are they like in terms of sound/playability. Thanks, because I've been wanting to find a 4003 shaped guitar for ages.

Also, I'd just like to add; have rickenbacker made white 4003/1 basses with blue trim? I ask this because I saw one with a blue pickguard in a guitar mag a while back and thought it looked awesome.

For both of those questions, if rickenbacker don't have what I'm after are there any Warmoth style shops that would sell those shape bodies?
Chief arsonist of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join
i played one last year in GAK in Brighton, (England), i seem to remember it being about £2500, though it was an original in perfect condition, early 70's i believe, it played like a dream - was really good for 'the jam' type stuff, though not as good as the ricky hollowbodies, overall it was really nice to play, but best for punky/mod type stuff ala the jam and the who.

the only thing is, whilst playing, the shape feels really weird standing, i have a 4001 bass, and that feels great, but the guitar just didn;t feel right to me, though of course this is subjective.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Yeah, when I saw a pic of one it looked like the upper horn was overly long.
Chief arsonist of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join