I'm working on my ultimate home/recording setup and I'm in the planning stage. So far I've got:
Guitar (still undecided) > Metal Muff > EH Holy Grail Reverb > Custom 12AX7 overdrive > EQ Pedal (undecided) > Modded Crybaby/Ibanez Weeping Demon > Ebtech HE-2 (if I can get one in Australia) > Modded Valve Jr > Custom 2x12

What do you think about this? I'm more of a metal/classic rock player, but I do love my cleans. For gigging (when I get better), I've got a Crate Powerblock to run into a custom 4x12.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I don't know about the Valve Jr for metal (what mods do you have planned?), but I guess with a Metal Muff and an EQ you might be able to pull it off. I definitely prefer the Vox wah's, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I'm talking to Kerry about what mods should work best. So far I'm just thinking a new set of tubes and the input mod.
Would the Vox still work nicely for metal? I thought it was more suited to classic rock?
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Would the Vox still work nicely for metal? I thought it was more suited to classic rock?

It is more suited to classic rock, but you said you played both, and I just think the Vox is a better pedal.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Thanks for that advice, what about the Ibanez Weeping Demon?