can you do this? all i have o record is a little mp3 player and avoice recorder and they dont sound very good, but if i film it with my camera the sound is a lot better. can i film myself or my band playing then take the audio from the video so i can put it on a site such as dmusic, myspace, etc.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
u can upload videos to myspace
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
i know it can be done... but i have no idea how... my advice though... go to walmart, buy a logitech headset mic... it's like $16... it works just like a condenser mic for 1/4 the cost.
i know, but i am making a band profile tonight and i want to put a song on the music player thing. we havent recorded anything yet, but we might next week. i just wanted to know if i could use my camera and use just the audio from our video and put it on the site

edit: that was to ledzep
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'm assuming you have it on the computer right?

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS

Download audacity. Open it up hit record new track. Open up the video in windows media player or whatever you have and hit play.

then it will record it on audacity. You might have to adjust the volume of the video so it isnt too loud or too quite.

good luck.
i had a program on my old pc, cant remember what it was called, but i imagine that windows movie maker can do the same thing...

we recorded on a digi camcorder.....and then when 'capturing from device' just had to select audio and not video and it just recorded the sound off the camera to the pc

hope that helps abit..
thnkas guys. ill try the audacity thing

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
windows movie maker allows you to remove the audio from a section of video. i dont remember how, but i do know i have done it before. it should have come free with your computer if you have windows. just look around the program or the help file to see how to do it. if you have a mac, i know that there are good video editing programs that should be able to do this.

so basicly, it is possible and shouldnt be very hard.