I bought a brand new Ibanez AEG20E-VV Acoustic/electric guitar on the 20th. When I bought it I was well aware of a small ding on the headstock but since it had no effect on the sound of the guitar and didn't seem like a big deal, I ignored it. However, I woke up this morning and took my guitar out of its case to find that the clear coat had started to come off near the small ding. What do I need to do to fix this? I really don't want that spot getting any bigger. I bought my guitar at Guitar Center if it makes any difference.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender MIM Strat (soon to be hotrodded)
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Guitar center has a 30 day return policy
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Guitar center has a 30 day return policy

But will they accept my guitar? My first thought was to take it back and see what they can do but I figured they'd probably tell me that the ding was my fault when it wasn't.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion
^-- the very well might, but you should definitely try to return it and see what they say. if they say that the ding was your fault, just explain that the ding was there when you brought the guitar. typically, when you buy a guitar at guitar center they will go get you one out of the back to actually take home instead of the one hanging on the wall. just tell them that you played the one on the wall extensively and the guy brought you a different one from the back and when you got it home it had said ding. if they still won't take the return, i'd keep arguing with them personally. they most definitely have the ability to swap the guitar and return the dinged one to ibanez and it isn't going to cost the store anything. if the first guy you talk to won't do it, ask to speak with the manager.

i doubt you'll have any trouble with this anyway, but if you do, i'd definitely argue until they replaced it!
I'll take it over there tomorrow. I bought the guitar on the wall from the guy I buy all my guitars from so hopefully he'll understand and swap it out for me.
*My Gear*

Schecter S-1
Fender Acoustic/electric
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DS-1 Distortion