Hello again,
I finally found somewhere with Orange amps in the USA and i really want to check them out. Right now, i have a Traynor reverb combo 40 and I hate it. What do you think of orange amps? its a long drive to try one, so i want to know if it is worth it. I play a lot of blues and classic rock (SRV, led zeppelin etc.) Is 30 watts enough for playing with a band (not necessarily gigging)? THANKS
Orange amp's have awesome tone. 30 tube watts can easily do small gigs.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
I personally own an Orange Rocker 30 Combo and I absolutely love it. It's plenty loud enough to gig with. It has enough gain for anything I need too (no deathcore here please) and the tone is simply delicious.

For blues and classic rock you're laughing. Seriously, I can't recommend them enough.

I bought it two weeks after my mate had upgraded his amp, he listened to me play and said "damn, I need a new amp".
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
I'm going for a traynor 40 or a 50, what don't you like about it?

And yes, 30 is more than enough for small gigs and band practices.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Hell, 15 Watts is enough. You can always mic it up for anything more than a small gig.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Yeah, it's great for it. Led Zeppelin sounds amazing through it because it's got that great English grunt to it.

I can even get some cool metal tones if I use my Tubescreamer cranked pretty high (Things like Rage).

But rock and blues are it's main strengths. I suppose indie too. Also, the clean channel is amazing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

I think i may look into this one in the future, i play alot of rock but with bluesly stuff and clean stuff too so it'd probably be perfect for me
To Jinskee: well, its a ss amp, it starts buzzing and hissing for no reason (you have to knock some sense into it, i usually kick it and it goes away). I think your talking about the Traynor tube amps which i have never tried. dont get a tranynor ss amp.

Back on topic, is the Orange CRUSH any good? i cant afford a rocker
Last edited by guitar135 at Jan 28, 2007,
Aren't they(?) made in/from the country that gave us:

Jimmy page, Clapton, Slash, Beck, the internet, the biggest sport on the plannet- football, this language we are speaking and fish and chips!

The country where legends Jimi and Bob lived, ENGLAND!
Quote by guitar135
To Jinskee: well, its a ss amp, it starts buzzing and hissing for no reason (you have to knock some sense into it, i usually kick it and it goes away). I think your talking about the Traynor tube amps which i have never tried. dont get a tranynor ss amp.

, I was a bit worried there, sorry for the confusion and thanks for the tip too.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by guitar135

Hmm, I've only heard people say that when it comes to orange, go valve. I have a rocker 30 combo and I think it's great. If your going to get an Orange, best save up. You'll be happy you did.
Gibson Les Paul Classic w/Stetsbar
Fender MIM Strat w/ EMG DG20 System
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Memory Boy
Maxon OD9
EHX Big Muff
Vox Wah
EHX POG
For a SS amp, the Crush is good, but thats about it really...If its all you can afford, then by all means go for it, because it really is a good SS amp, the cleans are suprisingly good, and the reverb is great.

If you wanted 30 watts SS for band practice...im not sure if that will do it...im not sure, maybe it will be on the lower end of the volume thing, and of course it depends how loud everyone else is.