Ok, so a few years back I bought a first act guitar. two tears later, its beat to crap, and and electronics and wahtnoth ave been removed. I'm now refinishing the guitar as a proper double cut jr. I've already sanded off the front and back to see if the wood is any good for staining. The wood on the guitar is decent, no plywood, just not a pretty grain. So what I have planed is pretty much a compelte overhaul.
-P-90 pickup in the bridge
-single volume and tone controls
-bridge:undecided, debating a bigsby
-sand down neck to taste, and oil
-arm and stomack contours
-grover vintage tuners
-debating gold or chrome hardware
for the finish I'm goign to spray on that chalkboard paint, and hten have my friend who's an artist do some fun artwork on it, and have her draw a tortoise shell pickguard and binding on it. Then I'll spray that over with a few clearcoats. I'll hopefully have pics up tommororw of what I've doen so far. This is not my first project by any means, just the first I thoguth to post on here. I tend to tinker more with electronics than the actual body and whatnot. But since I've been workign with all my life I figured why not? Anyways, I'm open for suggestion on hardware color, pickup, and type of bridge.
Rhett
Like good folk/indie music? Check us out at www.myspace.com/mckenzieshae
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
Last edited by The_Marshall_Gu at Jan 28, 2007,
that chalkboard paint idea sounds awesome!!

Post pics when its complete.
I've got something in my front pocket for you.
Why don't you reach down in my pocket and see what it is?
Then grab onto it, it's just for you.
Give a little squeeze and say: "How do you do?"
Oh yeah, I might also look at putting a vintage tv jone kinda looking pick up in the bridge too. I'm really open for sugegstion right now.
ARRGH, MATEYS!! I Be a PIT PIRATE!! sworn enemy of the PIT NINJAS! I am the 30th pit pirate to sail under the great command of justinhawkins, MATEYS! (pm justinhawkins to join)
I had the chalkboard idea a few months back. I posted it. Did you get it from there? Never the less, good luck
Lol, I didn't knwo that. I actually got the idea from a friend who did the headboard on her bed with it. So I had the idea about 2-3 months back. Sorry if I've stole your idea. Thnaks for the support too.
Yeah, I've been considering that also, but I'd really like to go the dog ear p-90, or tvjones type route. Howevre, if you had a mini humbucker in mind I'm more than willing to listen, I'm currentlyl ookign on guitarfetish for pickups.
Well, its currently routed for a humbucker and a standard tremolo, I was palnnign on filling those holes and rerouting. So pickup size is no problem. I really want a really edgy, vintage type tone, so the p-90s, tvjones, and mini-hums woudl be ideal.
Ok, I thats what I was thinking too. I just thought the TV Jones would really round out the look, but I care more about tone anyway. I've been looking at soem of the pickups on Guitarfetish, I've heard good thigns about them.
Hey, sorry, I haven't been on in a few days. I took the pics this morning, and I'll post them when I get home.