grease it? I don't know I have a Fender.
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
my cousin just got a new ibanez which does the same thing. The guy at the shop put a little bit of WD-40 on it and it fixed it right up.
try loosening the nut thing that holds it in
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
....dont twist it?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
yeah dont they just like screw in? if so just unscrew it a tiny bit so its not as tight.. otherwise the WD-40 will probly do the trick
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
All we did when my buddies S Prestige did this was get into the trem cavity, find the bolt that's closest to the trem arm holder, can remember which one, and we tightened it. Fixed the problem, but you may not want to go around tightening random bolts.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Does it sound like the creaking sound is coming from the headstock? This is an indication of the strings rubbing against the nut or especially the string trees, causing the noise and also sometimes tuning problems. Get yourself some lubricant (there are many made just for this purpose) and lubricate the strings at the nut and the string trees.