I need some help deciding what to get. I can't decide whether to get a new guitar (Jackson DK2 Pro) or a new amp (preferably combo). I play death metal mostly. Here is my current rig. I have a budget of $0-$700.

Jackson JS30 RR
Marshall 15 DFX Combo (15 watt)
Boss Metal Zone
new amp. your guitar is fine.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Don't be crazy, you will only sound as good as your amp. Get a new one. That 15 watter is good for practice, but you can't really crank it the f!ck up can you? Your JS30 is a nice guitar. Spend wisely, get a new amp. For 700 bucks you could get a really nice 120 watt amp/combo. Anyway, have fun. I wish I had 700 bucks to spend, lol.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Krank amps...............Dime can't be wrong!!
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna
Quote by cnorthern
Krank amps...............Dime can't be wrong!!

Dime probably didn't use Kranks. For sure he used Randalls though.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Dime did use a Krank. There's a "Dime" channel on the Krank Krankenstein.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
^Doesn't mean every artist on the Line 6 Spider lll presets used Line 6 amps...

EDIT: why not a 5150...?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
dimebag would never have been stupid enough to use dimebuckers.

and a 5150 combo would do you good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
ya, the js30 is not bad, maybe a pu change if you want would be good.
but ya, probly an amp will be good, but your not really "as good as your amp"
i use a shitty mg100 and i hate that thing, the tone sux. but i can get some fair sounds when i use my preamp pedal and my lp. anyway, ya i would say a 5150combo. you can get one of those for like $500 online. or you can check out some ashdown's ive heard theyr not bad. traynor's also, which are all tube, the ashdown's also. try and stay away from SS if your gonna spend that much money on an amp.
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
If you're playing JUST high-gain stuff, SS amps are fine for what you would spend on them. You might want to change your pickups too, maybe (my personal favourite) a Bill Lawrence L-500XL in the bridge (the real Dimebucker).
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."