I have a guitar equipped with a Bigsby Vibrato, and can't get a strat-style put in because it's a hollowbody, but I'd like to be able to raise the pitch higher with the vibrato arm without the spring falling out. Would gluing the spring to the arm damage the guitar or vibrato system in any way, or do you think it would work?
Epiphone Riviera Jorma Kaukonen Deluxe
Orange Tiny Terror with a Mesa 2x12 Lone Star
Boss PH-3
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
actually i have a LP with a bigsby, i had the same issue, i found out the strings will snap when you raise the pitch tho, but what i did was JB Welded a hook onto the bar itself then on the bottom i believe i welded the spring down with JB Weld so when i pulled up or down the spring diddnt move, like i said tho the strings kept snapping and completely ruined the resale of the guitar
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Anyone else?
Boss PH-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
don't raise the damn bar so much. if you only move it up a little bit, you still get a nice sounding raise in pitch without much risk of breaking strings or having the spring pop out. Bigsbys are NOT meant for doing huge pitch shifts (re any DragonForce song). they are for small pitch shifts that are for a minimal effect
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
That doesn't answer my question; the fact remains that I would like to manipulate the whammy bar without the spring falling out. Anyone else know whether or not gluing would work?
Boss PH-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
Super glue would work however, you would ruin the resale value.
My Gear:

Jackson RR3 Pro
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender CD140 Acoustic/Electric
Line 5 HD500 effects unit
Marshall MA100

"Grunge was invented for people who can't play solos"
ok, let me say this then. trying to glue the spring to the bar is going to destroy the bigsby! I've played (and have considered buying) many guitars with bigsbys on them, if you use them PROPERLY, the spring never comes out, thats how its designed!!! You need more practice with the bigsby, and need to stop trying to raise the pitch 2-3 tones!! Bigsbys are best for raising and lowering the pitch a semitone or 2!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Yeah, I kind of figured it would ruin the resale value. I was only planning on using the bar to raise it by three semi-tones for one performance, and now I'm thinking I could probably just duct tape it for the one show and then remove that so it won't affect the value of the guitar. Thanks to everyone for their advice.
Boss PH-3
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss DD-20
Fender Deluxe Mexi-Jazz
bigsbys are made for vibrato, if you raise the pitch too much you'll snap the strings, a FR would be better for that
its true, ive learned my lesson since my experiment, i just diddnt want to hollow out a LP with a floyd or groove out the top for a Kahler, and at the time those were the only locking tremelos, bigsbys are more for you blues vibrato so essentially trying to raise up really more than 1 tone, will either mess up your tuning, which with a bigsby you cant avoid but this will completely F it up, or snap your strings and restringing a bigsby is not a inbetween song task
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210