Page 1 of 2
So, I was just remembering an Opeth show I went to a while back, and I remembered something Mikael had said. Someone's cardboard sign (or something) somehow made it's way to the foot of the stage and was flopping and flying around, to which Mikael exclaimed:

"What is that?! Is that paper with shit on it? Is it?! Is it?!"

I couldn't help myself. I started laughing right where I was.

What are some things that frontmen, or any bandmembers have said at shows that were hilarious and/or awesome?
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
I remember talking to Matthew Bellamy, and when telling him I lived in Saskatchewan he asked me how boring it was.
"i see a girl in the front row wearing a shirt that says "**** me eddy" the only problem is, you spelled my name wrong"- eddie vedder
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
A friend in the States told me about this:

At a Chili Peppers show, John Frusciante saw someone with an "I LOVE YOU JOHN!!!" sign in the crowd, and it was ****ing with his concentration cos he messed up the intro to "Snow" twice. In the end, he went up to his mic and said, "Hey you, put your stupid ****ing sign down! It's distracting me, it's making hard for me to concentrate, so just put it down!"

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Quote by deathbyawesome
"i see a girl in the front row wearing a shirt that says "**** me eddy" the only problem is, you spelled my name wrong"- eddie vedder

That reminds me of another EV one:

"You're only chanting my name cos it's the only one with two syllables in it."
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Quote by 67_67
A friend in the States told me about this:

At a Chili Peppers show, John Frusciante saw someone with an "I LOVE YOU JOHN!!!" sign in the crowd, and it was ****ing with his concentration cos he messed up the intro to "Snow" twice. In the end, he went up to his mic and said, "Hey you, put your stupid ****ing sign down! It's distracting me, it's making hard for me to concentrate, so just put it down!"

Oh yes, and when Strapping Young Lad came here:

Devin Townsend: "Bend Oregon........who farted?! You f*cking smell!"
Thorns Of Creation
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
At the Gold Coast Big Day Out, after one of triviums song matt was saying "you guys are one of the best crowds we've had in............" he was interupted by feedback from the mic "wat the f**k is that S**t. can we get someone to fix that." he start talking again but gets interupted again by more feedback. "fukc this is redikulus. someone beta fix that its starting to piss me off."

yeah thats my story
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
^
Don't think it counts, considering it's about two different things that are relevant to the topic, and are about five posts apart.
Thorns Of Creation
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
Something like this at the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert:

Person in audience (while Paul was talking): FREE BIRD!!!
Paul: Who shouted Free Bird?!
Person: *stands up and takes a bow*
Paul: If I wasn't in the middle of something, I'd come down there and punch you in the face

Those TSO guys have a pretty good sense of humor.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
"We are Opeth. We are from Stockholm, that's in Sweden. In Sweden, everybody is pretty. Polar bears roam the streets, and everybody fucks everybody."

-Mikael Åkerfeldt

He said a few more jokes, but I can't remember at the moment.

Only show I've ever been to.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Metal Disciple
^
Don't think it counts, considering it's about two different things that are relevant to the topic, and are about five posts apart.

I was referring to 67 67, not myself.
Well i was at a mars volta/chilis show and someone threw piss at the mars volta so they left the stage. Then Flea comes on and says "Hey whoever threw shit at the mars volta **** you youre no friends of ours" I lol'ed
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Metal Disciple

Oh yes, and when Strapping Young Lad came here:

Devin Townsend: "Bend Oregon........who farted?! You f*cking smell!"

"This song is about my favourite subject in high school, which was, social studies, because that was the subject that was, AFTER MAAAAAAATH!"

Devin Townsend's awesome...
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Circa Survive @ slims SF

Some fan: DO MORE!!!

Anthony Green: pork roll? im sorry, did you say pork roll?

later...
Anthony: its shark week, I love Shark week, sharks 24 hours a day for seven days straight, sharks are ****ing awesome!!!!...This song is about babies...
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
^Thanx for the whalepudding yesterday, that was nice

"Well, I've got a big mouth, and I've got a big dick. Which one do you really want?!"

- Phil Anselmo, Pantera.
Quote by Zuka
I remember talking to Matthew Bellamy, and when telling him I lived in Saskatchewan he asked me how boring it was.

How did you get to talk to Matt Bellamy?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
"Why are there so many screamo bands?"
"I dunno, why?"
"Because they can't sing!"

-Less Than Jake, Warped 06 in SF

"What do you get when you put a waffle on the beach?"
"I dunno, what?"
"A Sandy-Eggo!"

-Noodles from The Offspring, Warped 05 in San Diego
Go Veg.
Tom Petty and Pearl Jam....He went on about how he loves being on tour with Petty so he told us how if he was tom Petty's son he would be Eddie Petty. haha.
Quote by John Lennon

I'll probably be popped off by some loony

His reply when asked in the 1960's how he expected he would die.
Roger Daltrey: "Alright, for all of you having a little puff of pot out there, I'd love to join you, but I'm terribly allergic to it. So unless you want my throat to swell up and the show to end early, please put it out!"

Pete Townshend: "Ray Charles used to say 'I smell your feet!' by which he of course meant 'Gimme some!'"

Dave Mustaine: "That's what I love about being up here. I have the microphone, I can say whatever the hell I want to and you can't do anything about it."
no
When I saw Green Day (back off, I was 13), Billie Joe said "So we're in Canada eh? No one smokes weed here right?"

The crowd went insane with laughter.
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
Mikael Akerfeldt:

''Last time we came came to Exeter Uni we played in the refectory (referring to the Lemon Grove, another venue which is a lot smaller). We're glad to be back at a bigger venue, but we miss the pastries...''

he said loads of funny stuff that night.
"You think you are a bigger dick than me? You've got alot to learn. I am King Dick!"- Axl Rose, Inland Invasion 2006 when kicking out a fan during SCOM.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Somwone threw a cup of water at Bruce Dickenson (oh noes!) he picked it up to see what was in the cup and shouted '****!ng light weight its only water' or something like that...
Bass Player
Adam Dutkiewicz (or however you spell it) from Killswitch Engage:
"This next song is about Howard undressing... its called When Darkness Falls!"

I wet myself laughing at that. =)
Quote by Zuka

I am eternally jealous of you.

Not a frontman, but everything that came out of Joe Morgan (ex-InMe bassist)'s mouth was hilarious.
at the planet smashers, they were taking the piss outta the queen a bit, so we shouted that their slow, and they said "**** you it doesn't matter were from Canada cos you live in a place called 'No-****'" [Norfolk]

it was all jokes tho, and an amazing show so doesnt matter!
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
Still Remains "thanks guys, if you didnt know, we are norma jean from atlanta." funny because it was a hometown show in the venue they started out at.

Adam D. from Killswitch "I remember last time we were in grand rapids, i had sex with a five dollar hooker behind the chuck e. cheese, and my balls havent stopped burning since."
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Watch the dave vs dipshit video on youtube. funny shit right there

anyway

"This is what music sounded like before it was ruined by rap" - Lemmy, before starting going to brazil.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Quote by Mechanixx
Watch the dave vs dipshit video on youtube. funny shit right there

anyway

"This is what music sounded like before it was ruined by rap" - Lemmy, before starting going to brazil.

Seen the video, it's awesome
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My avatar is Åkerfeldt quote as well.

There's a Youtube vid of an encore game they played, it was a metal quiz. Mikael played a few riffs, and the the crowd guessed.

But at the very beginning, it just starts off with him saying,

"Metal quiz. And it's not going to be where I ask questions, like hard questions about heavy metal bands, because I know everything about metal. I'm a fucking oracle."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKFBn-97_9k
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Jan 29, 2007,
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
I just have to post this:

Pete Townshed: "This next song is called Baba O RLY?,"

did he really say it like that. LQTM
MY BANDS

Phat Toosday and the Astro-Bus
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/ptabmusic

Lets All Get Superpowers
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/lags

Hobstolopho
artists.ultimate-guitar.com/hobstolopho

Come Visit Today!!!
Quote by Metal Disciple
So, I was just remembering an Opeth show I went to a while back, and I remembered something Mikael had said. Someone's cardboard sign (or something) somehow made it's way to the foot of the stage and was flopping and flying around, to which Mikael exclaimed:

"What is that?! Is that paper with shit on it? Is it?! Is it?!"

I couldn't help myself. I started laughing right where I was.

What are some things that frontmen, or any bandmembers have said at shows that were hilarious and/or awesome?

Mikael is hilarious, I was laughing like hell when I saw them live

Also... http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Dave_Mustaine
Page 1 of 2