ok, so I wanna learn to play piano, and I need to know what are some good chords to learn for rock (everything from light U2 stuff to vanhalen jump).

Cant read music very well and so I'm also looking for some good piano/keyboard tabs/chord charts...

thanks

and I hope this is the right spot...I figure pianists are musicians too....and it's about chords.

If not I'm sorry
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
start on any white key

press that note

skip 1 key (going to the right) and go 2 the next so ur playing something like X-X (x's being ur fingers)

skip a key after that and play that so it looks like x-x-x

thats your chord.

the first x is the one, the second x is the three, and the third x is the five. you can mix it up and do 5 3 1 or 3 5 1 but 1 3 5 should be a good start.
Quote by Mad Marius
Because there's no point in being on the Internet of you're not gonna act like an arrogant prick.
Honestly, just learn your sheet music and theory. It'll be useful for everything music related. I know guitarists now a days like to take the easy way out, but if something isn't challenging, then it simply isn't worth doing.
anyone know where i could find piano tabs, or music for free?

thanks
Quote by thundrstruk891
do EXACTLY what rock savior said.

EXACTLY.

Quote by SGKIDD
^^ X2,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

To me

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM greendayguitar or blues_rocker to join.
www.8notes.com is where I get all my piano music. But like Maet said, you have to actually learn piano rather than just chords. And in piano music, they dont write down chord names, they write down about 4 notes on a staff, and you have to figure them out. Meaning you have to learn how to play single notes too.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Learn to properly play the piano. Damn right pianists are musicians. The instrument is amazingly useful to learn. It sounds great (better than guitars IMO) and thanks to MIDI, pianists can play most any instrument using MIDI controller keyboards.

So I think you're going in the wrong direction. It's true that rock piano is basically just triad, root note, triad, root note, change chord! Don't limit yourself to that though. You should go out and buy a piano theory book. Or better yet, get a teacher.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i started to learn piano before i got a guitar, and sheet music isnt that hard, you just have to memorize it. And definatly get a teacher, after 1 year i could play classic stuff so its not really that hard.
yeah everyone said it, i'll repeat it. learn your theory. anything worth doing is worth doing right. and i've said it before and i'll say it again, "its better to know it and not need it, than to need it and not know it" but in this case you do really need to know how to read piano music if you wish to read or record (as in transcription) any piano music. its not hard, i play guitar, tons of it, but i still know how to read a music staff, theres only 2 staves and 12 notes.