i need a cab for my 6505 head but i dont want to break the bank as already my parents are angry because the $1099 but i need an affordable cab that can handle gigs

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
well 500 usd is the most but i dont know if that will give me decent cab

Quote by Gabel
Simple. It's the amp. Getting EVH tone out of a Twin Reverb is as likely as Nazis supporting jews.
Carvin Legacy. Check it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
kinda looking more along the lines of ordering from musicians friend

Quote by Gabel
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
^+1 (to the Legacy), definitely a good choice, but another good choice would be a Genz-Benz G-flex 2x12. They're a bit over budget (600 new), but I got mine used for $350. It gives you the bass and feel of a 4x12 without the weight and size. But no matter what cab you get, I'd recommend going used. It can be in crap condition and sound exactly the same as new; there's not a whole lot that can go wrong with a box of speakers.
Check your local craigslist (if you can) and find a Marshal av or Mesa standard. I like the way those go with 5150s. There is debate about which speakers run best with a 5150. Personally, I find V30 to be the best but g12t-75 are not bad either. Ive even heard people run them with greenbacks that liked them. However, to be safe I would find something in your budget with v30s.

I found the Gflex cabs to bassy, but some people like that.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
used mesa 2x12s
maybe earcandy depending on speaker choice
carvin
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce