Well today I found out I will be getting $500 from a contest I won on a radio. So Im thinking of selling both my amps and my old guitar and keeping my ep.

So I should have around $1000 (money in the bank too)

Now Im not looking to spend the entire 1000 but if I truely have to I will. Now Im looking for an all tube 50-100 watt amp.

Looking for a marshall, or peavey. Now both are quite expensive NEW.

BUT what can I get NEW in the $700-$800 range. That could eual up to a Marshall JCM or Peavey 5150.

Just to see whats out there... as you can tell Im not that smart when it comes to amps... I have crate... and a laney 15...... lol.

By the way my tone is influenced most by slash, but you can also hear alot of ZZ Top and Zeppelin. Adn for cleans Im looking for something that can get that bassy bluesy SRV tone.
Guitars:
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom WCR and Dimarzio equipped
Amp:
Marshall 2266 Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
A JCM 800 could do it, but remember, you also need a cab.

Avatar makes decent cheap cabs. Check craigslist and ebay and snag a good used deal.
Hey thanks guys. I was talking to my friend and he said since I'll have some money to try and find a good used deal on a tube splawn amp. I've heard very little but I know I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Anyone know of them?
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
^ haven't tried them, but I hear they kick all kinds of ass for 80's metal/hot-rodded marshall tones.

traynor would be worth a look as well- i suspect the splawn is a lot higher quality, but may not be aimed as much at the tones you want (apart from gnr).

pm electrik , he has one.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I like that hot rod sound. Not so much like Poison/Cinderella.

The meaner side of 80's rock, and 70's hard rock. Something that can do Slash's amazing tone, and Page and Hendrix's very dirty tone.
Guitars:
Amp:
Marshall 1960TV
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell