i need a decent amp and cab setup. i need to be able to gig with it and it has to play pretty welll eveything about $2000 for the speakers and amp is my price range.
NO, crate=bad, id suggest a Marshall JCM series or a used Mesa Dual Recto, alot of ppl bash them but i had some really versitle sounds
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Mesa Double Rect Halfstack? Those are nice...also, what currency is that?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by garrett7
is a one hundred watt loud enough for gigs?

Far beyond anything you need. Although, it is fun to have. With your budget you could get a used MarkIV with a cab (loaded w/ v30s). That is IMO the most versatility you can get for under 2grand. Ill be gettin one shortly. I can't wait.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Last edited by joining_heads at Jan 28, 2007,
mesas are really freakin good. You really dont need a full 4x12 cab. That is like enuf volume to play in an arena. I bought a dual rec with a 2x12 cab and its loud enuf to play in a theatre easily. Combo amps are good too, and maybe a little more portable but if you want to make an investment go for a halfstack. By the way the dumbass that said crate=bad was wrong. Compared to a mesa they suck but they make ok combo solid states. marshall is good to but mesa is serious competition. If you play acdc and shit geta marshall, If you play avenged sevenfold, metallica, blink 182 and crap geta mesa. I thing mesa has better clean, but they are more expensive by a couple hundred. Go play em. cheers!
Quote by dertjoe
NO, crate=bad, id suggest a Marshall JCM series or a used Mesa Dual Recto, alot of ppl bash them but i had some really versitle sounds

Ya freakin idiot, look at your list of amps! No wonder you think crate is so bad! You have the most desired amps!
give us a lot more information before we suggest anything else. some of the recommendations sound good. i 2nd anything involving a mark iv and a good cab hehe
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Quote by schecterboy3000
Ya freakin idiot, look at your list of amps! No wonder you think crate is so bad! You have the most desired amps!

or maybe the fact that most crates have distortion that cuts out past 6 o'clock, and their tube amps have no gain, they pretty much discontinued the V series which IMO was possibly the best amp they ever produced, and yes i have 3 great amps, i worked my ass off for the TSL and Recto, ill admit i got the JCM800 for free, it was my first amp, and my uncle runs a shop, good birthday gift
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
and their tube amps have no gain, they pretty much discontinued the V series which IMO was possibly the best amp they ever produced

I bought the Palomino V16 for my son, and the thing has a ton of gain.

If you want to complain about the reverb, however, I'm right there with you.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by joining_heads
Far beyond anything you need. Although, it is fun to have. With your budget you could get a used MarkIV with a cab (loaded w/ v30s). That is IMO the most versatility you can get for under 2grand. Ill be gettin one shortly. I can't wait.

i would go with this, twould kick major ass
Orange Rockerverb 50 if you want good mid-heavy tones with a built-in reverb, or if you use a reverb pedal, you could look at the AD30HTC also by Orange. You could run either through one of their 2X12's, for about $2000 U.S.D. (I'm not sure about CAD.)but it may go a little over your budget depending where you are in the world.