Me and some friends are goinng to be doing an alt. rock/classic rock (Skynyrd, Hendrix, Chili Peppers, etc.) show next weekend, and I'm looking for an impressive tapping lick as filler between songs to throw people off. I can tap pretty well (think Hot for Teacher intro) but I DON'T want to do Eruption. Any suggestions?
Dickless.
the crazy train solo has some tapping, but idk if that counts for you, its a pretty easy solo, though.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
EVH and Randy Rhoads.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Flying High Again sounds good, but anything more contemprorary? I was hoping for a more metal solo as opposed to hard rock like Van Halen.
Dickless.
pick three apegios out of a hat and tap them?
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Big Trouble solo tapping part by David Lee Roth and Steve Vai or Get the Funk Out solo by Extreme
You could try the solo from One by Metallica, the tapping is easy but the rest of it is a challenge. Either way if I was you and could confidently play it i would 4 sure.
Quote by Draken
Look i'm saying if she wore those glasses in bed i'd plough her like an Amish guy sowing his maize crop.

My Gear:
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse Pro
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Cheap classical guitar
Ashton GA-158C
Zoom 505II
Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
The tapping solo to In Flames - The Hive

Though I'd rather make up my own tapping patterns in a live setting...
Quote by waddogg
You could try the solo from One by Metallica, the tapping is easy but the rest of it is a challenge. Either way if I was you and could confidently play it i would 4 sure.

I wish I could, but I don't have enough frets
Dickless.
try this lick
T T T T
|-125h7h8135h7h8125h7h115h7h8-
|---------------------------------------------

try it as fast as you can and then try repeating it and moving it down strings or shifting the position down 2 or 4 frets. Easy, but when done fast its great.
Do the original power rangers theme song, actually is really cool sounding and yad definatly have peoples attention lol. and it sa really cool tapping song.
Quote by TheCalvinator
Do the original power rangers theme song, actually is really cool sounding and yad definatly have peoples attention lol. and it sa really cool tapping song.

Hell yeah, I play that almost every time I pick up a guitar. It's not too hard at all but it always impresses people
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey