I changed the strings on my new Fender Strat today and having a big problem with tuning...I noticed my bridge which was originally flush against the body is now raised by about 1/4" or so. I changed the strings from Fender factory stock ( I think 9's?) to Elixir 10's. I can't get it to tune right...using an electric tuner. Could be my imagination but the neck seems to be bowing a little more inward. Any suggestions?
i dont own a fender strat but i would say adjust the truss rod and little and if the bridge is rising off the guitar, you need more springs and if not then i dont know
adjust the springs in the back, i think youll need to take off tension
but its definitely the springs in the back, any guage change'll do that
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
Do I try to get in tune first before adjusting the springs?
If the bridge is up, then it means you can bend both ways with a wammy bar, which seems cool to me. You should have got a Cort SP-3 instead.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Chickenfrmheck
adjust the springs in the back, i think youll need to take off tension
but its definitely the springs in the back, any guage change'll do that

i have a strat- that's exactly what you have to do. i think it's increase the tension though...
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
Quote by ballroomofmars
i dont own a fender strat but i would say adjust the truss rod and little and if the bridge is rising off the guitar, you need more springs and if not then i dont know

good god do not adjust your truss rod for a tremelo problem....

its just there isnt as much tension and your tremelo is looser you can adjust the springs/screws in the tremelo cavity. also, are you actually haveing a tuning problem? or is just the bridge up a little more? because you do want some space so you can actually use your whammy bar.

http://www.fender.com/support/setup/othersetup.php

^^Check that site out. it has some info on adjusting your strat
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Last edited by Ervinr82 at Jan 28, 2007,
The bridge is up...I had it flush. But I am having problems tuning...I get the 6,5,4 strings in tune then after tuning 3,2,1 the 6,5,4 are out of tune (flat)...I tune the 6,5,4 and then 3,2,1 are out of tune (flat again). I can't seem to balance the tune across the entire bridge.
Quote by MikeA
The bridge is up...I had it flush. But I am having problems tuning...I get the 6,5,4 strings in tune then after tuning 3,2,1 the 6,5,4 are out of tune (flat)...I tune the 6,5,4 and then 3,2,1 are out of tune (flat again). I can't seem to balance the tune across the entire bridge.

With a tremolo bridge the tuning of one string affects the others (cool trick with a OFR - pick an open string, and then bend another one without picking it...). Bring them each up a quarter or half a tone at a time rather than trying to bring each one up to pitch individually.