Ok, listening to many artists, Anti-flag being the one right now, and in there song "Depleted Uranium Is A War Crime" there's this cool effect mid-way in the second "verse." Ive heard it before and I'm not sure what to call it but if I had to guess it would be the tube screamer, it's used a lot in punk. Is this the right effect I'm talking about or is it just how the notes are played?

It sounds like 2 or so notes but like "screeched" upward in a sort of drive distortion. Help would be admired because I am in a punk/ska band and this would be very helpful to go over the horns :P.
judging from your description i would say it was a pinch harmonic (which you just need a good amount of distortion for), but i'll let someone else answer because i've never heard the song.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
I would also say its a pinch harmonic. But I never listened to the song. I would doubt its a tubesreamer, only because a pinch harmonic is much easier to produce at a rapid pace.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
sounds like a pinch harmonic... but i'm not sure... are there any other songs you know of that it's in?
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by zorched
judging from your description i would say it was a pinch harmonic (which you just need a good amount of distortion for), but i'll let someone else answer because i've never heard the song.

I've never heard the song either, but it does sound like a pinch harmonic.

However I have to add that you do not need any distortion at all for pinch harmonics.
Quote by Wa-shout
I've never heard the song either, but it does sound like a pinch harmonic.

However I have to add that you do not need any distortion at all for pinch harmonics.

yeah, you don't need distortion, but it does make it easier if they're difficult for you... i can do pinch harmonics on an acoustic... but it's not very loud... it's also easier if you have lots of treble
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by SOADrox429
yeah, you don't need distortion, but it does make it easier if they're difficult for you... i can do pinch harmonics on an acoustic... but it's not very loud... it's also easier if you have lots of treble

I realized this, but because he said he thought it was a "tubescreamer effect" I mentioned that it was usually used with a good deal of gain.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic