So, about 4 or 5 months ago, I went to Guitar Center to buy the Vox V848 Clyde McCoy wah wah pedal. Though, it's a shame that it was supposedly "sold out". So I asked them to special order it and waited and waited. It never came. In fact, I asked for a full refund and decided to give eBay a chance. So, looking through eBay, I came, I saw, and I conquered. Yep, the wah pedal was mine for $130 (). Then, I give the payment and expect it to be delivered in 7-10 days. So, things finally seem to be going well for me, right?

WRONG! I receive an e-mail explaining that the pedal was damaged during shipping. The good thing is, I get my refund. The bad thing, I still don't have a Clyde McCoy.

So, now, here I am, thinking whether or not I should stick with the McCoy. I mean, I the sound of it and it's true bypass. I would go for a regular V847, but I really don't want to deal with the modding (me + soldering = bad). I've also heard about Teese wahs, but they're out of my range.

Another question is: Can I get it from a major online retailer (such as Musiciansfriend.com)? It says that the wahs are available and such, but then again, products like that are back ordered a bunch of times. Should I take my chances? Is there anyone around here that has lately bought the V848 from the likes of Musicians Friend and got it on the specified time?

Sent from my iPad.
call MF and ask them about the status of the 848 before ordering. also, if you are willing to get something off ebay i think you could get a Teese wah for 150. another option is to buy the 847 and pay someone to mod it. it should be about the same price as the 848.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
i ordered mine online. came in a couple of days. just call first.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
You poor Clyde McCoy less person, mine's great... haha

You might aswell buy one online if you know what it's like, just call first like Jenny said to see if they've got it in stock.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
You poor Clyde McCoy less person, mine's great... haha

Thanks for the advice!
Sent from my iPad.
I got a story for you guys.

So, I ordered the wah off Musiciansfriend

Then it was delivered and, I was having fun and stuff and then when I come in from school earlier I hear about another Clyde McCoy delivered to my house . Yep, another one. Turns out this is the one from the guy from eBay. Generally I thought he won't ship it, but instead he ships it, without me paying the money. So here I am with not one, but TWO Clyde McCoy wah wah pedals. Strange.

Just thought I'd share the troubles I have
Sent from my iPad.
Haha, he's gonna' want the money for it sooner or later. Just pay for the cheapest one, send the other back.

What d'ya think of it then?

And have you used them at the same time yet? haha.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
It's great, and no I haven't tried to play 'em together yet .

Plus, I haven't gotten any contact from the seller
Sent from my iPad.