Well, we just watched Hotel Rwanda in social studies and we were given an assignment to write about it. I just want to know if this is a good or at least decent analysis (keep in mind I'm only 15) of this story.
-----------

Hotel Rwanda: Reflection
In 1994, genocide broke out between two ethnic groups- the Tutsi and the Hutus - in the country of Rwanda. A decade later, the film Hotel Rwanda was created based on true events that took place during the massacre. This is my analysis.

During the movie Hotel Rwanda, the central character, Paul Rusesabagina, changes throughout the movie, especially in his outlook towards others, as well as his outlook towards the Tutsi/Hutu conflict. In the beginning, he is seen driving through his home-city of Kigali and, though he sees Hutu demonstrations in the streets, he regards them as harmless and moves on. Later on, still in the introduction, Paul, as well as his wife watches silently as their Tutsi neighbor is beaten by Hutu insurgents. Paul does not act to save the neighbor because, as he explains later on to his wife in bed, “he is not family”. At this point, Paul does not realize the immensity of the situation and was ignorant to others’ cries for help.
During the end of the introduction of the movie, Paul comes home from his job as manager of the Hôtel des Mille Collines to find that the [Tutsi] president has been assassinated (despite having signed a peace treaty days before) and that his wife has taken a handful of the Rusesabaginas’ Tutsi neighbors to protect them from the bloodshed that has impends outside. Paul is indeed stressed about the situation, but allows the families to stay overnight.
The next morning, Hutu insurgents raid the houses in Paul’s neighborhood, looking for remaining Tutsis. When the insurgents discover the Tutsis hiding at the Rusesabaginas’, Paul has to bribe them not to hurt the families. He succeeds, but has to continue bribing the Hutus throughout the story. In this part through the end, Paul gradually loses almost, if not all of his sense of selfishness and cares most importantly for the children and families of Rwanda.

During the beginning of Hotel Rwanda, Paul and his wife watch as a Tutsi neighbor of theirs is beaten by Hutu insurgents. Paul’s wife Tasi asks why Paul didn’t defend the neighbor and he responded “there is nothing we could do…he is not family.” I believe these actions were very cowardly because, if he valued this person as a neighbor and a friend (which he must have or his wife would not have been concerned), he would he risked his life, respect and family for this neighbor.

After watching the tape depicting bloodshed on the streets of Kigali, Paul believes that the world will respond by sending help once they see it on television. However, Jack answers this statement by saying “…or are they going to say ‘Gee that’s terrible’ and then they’ll go on eating their dinners.” I believe Jack is, unfortunately, right. The typical response of the world to viewing such tragedies is acknowledgement and then going back to their daily activities. People are hesitant to act to help others because of two reasons: One reason is that they feel they will be criticized by their peers and the other reason is that they feel their small contributions would be useless, when this, in fact, is hardly the case. The western world needs to realize that even the smallest actions, eventually, can cause even the biggest changes.

After finding the massive amount of bodies in the street, Dubai, an employee at Paul’s Hôtel des Mille Collines asks “Why are people so cruel?” There is only one answer to this question, and while some may respond with ‘hatred’, this is answer only half-right. The true, raw and uncut answer to this question is “fear”. How is this fear? The Hutu militants believed that they were in danger of being oppressed and enslaved by the Tutsi. This may or may not have been the intentions of the Tutsi, but it was these suspicions that led to the genocide.

Do I believe that the US should have a responsibility to respond to genocide that we know exists? Yes, I believe that any nation should aid a fellow nation in need. As fellow citizens of this Earth, we need help one another out in anyway possible, because, in the end, we are all sharing this world, and together, we need to keep it safe.
-------------

Thanks
im not reading all that.
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Quote by sickminded fool
im not reading all that.

+5
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Quote by sickminded fool
im not reading all that.

+1
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by sickminded fool
im not reading all that.

+100
Yah. But from what I think, you slaughtered the story.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Well, if the point of the paper was to summarize the movie you did a fantastic job. If the point was to analyze/respond to how you felt if America or any country did enough intervention you did a terrible job. The bulk is just revisiting scenes from the movie. Only the last paragraph shows any of your own personal thoguht.
I thought you were Nelsean too.

You killed the story as well as 2 minutes of my precious time.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
I would change the first sentance though... genocide doesn't really "break out." Say conflict broke out, and genocide was committed, or something like that. Apart from that, I'd say listen to excalibur.
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
^Thanks, I think I'll include something along those line.
Quote by excalibur672
Well, if the point of the paper was to summarize the movie you did a fantastic job. If the point was to analyze/respond to how you felt if America or any country did enough intervention you did a terrible job. The bulk is just revisiting scenes from the movie. Only the last paragraph shows any of your own personal thoguht.

Basically, yeah, I was given a sheet of questions divided into Opening, Core, and Closing Questions. I had to answer 5 of them, and so I did. The Closing Questions were the ones that were really supposed to dig into you, and I had to do one of those (three Core and one Opening).