what are the pros and cons about this amp. there are no reviews on MF so i thought i would search here. i saw that it was really cheap and it seems to good to be true. whats wrong with it?
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
I dunno not many people own it around these areas I think. But there are reviews around here saying its a very solid jcm800 copy
I believe it's only 1 channel, which could be why.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
There's at least one guy on here who has one; and it is a really great amp, but 1) It only has one channel, and 2) It's not particularily versatile. It has an excellent classic to hard rock tone (and I hear it can even do early thrash metal), but the cleans are subpar and it doesn't have enough gain for really saturated stuff. (This is all what I've heard from others anyway, so take it with a grain of salt.)
yeah ive heard that it is pretty much a JCM800 copy but do you know if i can really push with a OD? can it get heavy like the JCM800s' can?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
anyone?
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
^Well, I would assume it could, I can't see why not... What exactly are you looking for? Because there may be more versatile options in that price range.
really i dont know. just all tube tone. something that can go low gain but also high gain.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
All right, well, since you'd need a cab with a Windsor I'll assume you have $600-700. With that much some options would be a B-52 AT-212, Carvin MTS 3212, Ashdown Fallen Angel, (you'd probably have to go used for either of the first 2, which is a good idea anyway.) A used peavey 5150 would be great for metal, but has almost no versatility. That's all I can think of right now, there are probably others.
yeah i dont really like the Peavey 5150 at all. im not a really "Metal" kind of guy.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion