andy is a great guitarist.

unfortunately, i dont think there are any tabs on the web. i know andy sells tab book so that might be the only way to get it right now.
they're are tabs. i have a tab for "drifting" and i have a guitar pro tab for "for my father"
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by crystalh
they're are tabs. i have a tab for "drifting" and i have a guitar pro tab for "for my father"

yeah, but i think those are the only tabs of Andy Mckee as of right now that are available to the public with out purchasing his book.
dude can you email me the for my father powertab
My Gear

Digitech GNX2
Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic
Agile LP3000 Prestige
Crate MX65R
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M
is that for my father tab an intro guitar tab or the whole song?
whoever posted that intro guitar pro tab for FOR MY FATHER by ANDY MCKEE it is great how did u get the tab done so well can u please post the other half if possible
its 3 pages but i know its not the whole song, but its still really good
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
he is amazing i have his stuff from iTunes. but that stuff has to be complicated...
Quote by horn82y
but that stuff has to be complicated...

thats the beauty of it.
ive got a question regarding for my father...im just really getting into acoustic songs with capos and different tunings and im wondering how would i go out and play it...i guess im asking is that in the vid he uses a capo,so should i tune to G D# F A# C F like guitar pro says then use a capo?.....i no its a very dumb questions but i have no clue what to do.

ya dude i had a very similar questions cause i tried to tune like guitar pro said and i broke my d string in the process what exactly do i need to tune to and what fret does the capo go on?
My Gear

Digitech GNX2
Jasmine by Takamine Acoustic
Agile LP3000 Prestige
Crate MX65R
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M
Quote by AnthonyG
ya dude i had a very similar questions cause i tried to tune like guitar pro said and i broke my d string in the process what exactly do i need to tune to and what fret does the capo go on?

i hate it when i answer my own questions but i was looking at the comments from the video on youtube and andy said "The tuning is ECDGAD, capo on 3rd fret"

i tried it and it sounds dam good
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like to use a pretty big variety of tunings, some I discover from other players, some I discover on my own. You know what I really need to do is make a page on my site with all the ones I've used so far. I'll have to get on that...

Anyway, here are a few I've used:

DADGAD- Drifting
ECDGAD- Rylynn, For My Father, Keys To The Hovercar
BGDGAD- She
EBDGBD- Shanghai
F#AC#G#BE- Art of Motion
DADF#AE- Dreamcatcher
DGDGAD- Africa
CGDGBC- When She Cries

Let me know if there is a specific tune you are curious about.

Thanks!
Andy

Andy Mckee posted these tunings at his forum http://andymckee.jconserv.net/index.php
i dont like this guy hes bald
<\\\SuBLiME\\\> ~ ~ ~~

This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help him on his way to world domination ...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")