I have spent hours looking for this, but could find nothing. Two years ago I took my old Ibanez RG apart to put some new pickups in and change a few things around. The project stalled as I got a some other guitars and new things to focus on. In that time period I lost the wiring diagram I had made of the original and Ibanez no longer has any wiring diagrams up on their site. I have two Mighty Mite motherbuckers sitting in it, but I am not sure how to wire them up to the standard 5 way switch. I do know this at least about the motherbuckers.

BRIDGE & NECK:

WHITE & BARE to ground

RED & BLUE coil tap

BLACK is hot output.

Here is a diagram of what I have so far: http://www.bsmf.com/notsofun/Cab/wiring.bmp

If someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Avatar 4x12 (2 V30's and 2 G12-T75)
Last edited by notsofun at Jan 29, 2007,
What pickup config is an RG?
HSH?
If so...
White: South Start
Red: North/South Finish (Doesn't matter, since they're soldered together anyway...)
Blue: North/South Finish
Black: North Start
Bare: bare...

http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WDUHSH5L1101

EDIT: By the way, I live in San Diego, too. Whereabouts are you? also....what kinda music do you play?
It's HH, and I am in Point Loma and I like playing a little bit of everything. Where are you?

5 way switch is for coil splitting, gives a lot of variation
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Oh you can Ibanez had it that way from the factory, if only they could get there s*** together and get a website that works.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
(Invalid img)
That's the diagram you need, methinks.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Yeah at this point I probably will just buy a new switch since I can't figure the Ibanez one out at all.

Forsaknazreal are you in college or high school? Just curious on where you go.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Hey man its the way to go, I'm 21 and just transferred to SDSU from grossmont, wouldn't have done it any other way.
Carvin MTS 3200 Head