Hey, I've got $100 (Aus) left from my current spending spree on new pedals and stuff.
I'm just wondering what to do with it. The logical thing to do with it is to save it, and get some more money, but I can't get a job (only 14) so it'd be a while until I have money for a new amp/guitar.

I'm thinking of getting a Floyd Rose put into my Ibanez GRX20, since I've gotten really sick of my strings going crazy whenever I just move down just a tad.

I have a mate who works at a Billy Hyde, so I'm sure I could get a deal on buying the floyd rose, and fitting one in etc.

Just, is it a good idea to get the Floyd Rose without another guitar (for backup, I hardly use alternate tunings) or should I keep my money and wait it out until I have enough for another guitar?
well since you dont really change tunings alot, then go for it. i love my floyd. they stay in tune REALLY good and you can do all the crazy $hit you wanna do. its up to you.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
I have a Schaller on my Jackson and its GREAT.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Hmm, dam, couldn't find a solid "Which Floyd Rose" thread in the search.
I'll probably have to ask my mate on what he can do for me, and whether the shop actually has other systems in stock or anything.

Just, are there any really dodgy ones I should stay away from?
just get a floyd and you'll be good. lisenced or not, its all good.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I dont think you'll be able to get a good floyd for $100 Aus mate. I might be wrong but I think they are at least $200.
Quote by Dave_Mc
For the cost of a Mesa Roadking, I could alternatively purchase Belgium.