From Vivaldi's Summer (3rd mvmt):

-----------------------------------17----17----------------15--------------------------------
--------------14--14--17--17------------------------------------------------18-------------
---12--12-------------------------------------14----14---------14-----14------14---14--
-----------------------------------------------------0------------------0---------------0------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like a sweeping pattern... but how do I sweep it when I have to skip a string (what I supposed to do, mute it?) and play an open one (how do I keep that from ringing)...

Or do I just pick it normally?
i think you sweep the first part then play the second part normally? otherwise id just play it normallyy
i just played it right now picking normally and i didnt get any ringing, just practice it more i guess...
Overdrive of the Autobot Transformers G1 Club

Van Halen, October 16th, All-state arena, Section 213 Row A
How does that look like a sweeping patter? It's an ascending run then some alternate picking.
High as tits
You dont hit the samee string more than once on a sweep. Thats not close to a sweep.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
that's raw alternate picking, nothing but. Just practice more, you'll get it.

P.S. - if something is sweep picked you will most likely only see hammer ons and pull offs when there are two notes on the same string.
THats not sweeping. Its alternate picking with some string skipping ala gilbert at the end
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Ok... just so we're clear I wasn't suggesting the ascending run was a sweep. I just thought maybe the second part was supposed to be played as a sweep.

Thanks for teh answers.
Quote by moomoocons
You dont hit the samee string more than once on a sweep. Thats not close to a sweep.

Jason Becker - Seranna

yeah pwned
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Last edited by Shredlet at Jan 28, 2007,