Big D's new album leaked.
Anyone snatch it up? (I did... )
Thoughts?

I really like it, and that's a lot coming from me.
(I hated How It Goes, and Good Luck was OKAY at best. Big D aren't anywhere near being in my top 10 bands.)
It's very reminiscent of Salem Girls, and the faster (annoying) hardcore-style stuff is mostly absent.
Like the title suggests, the album is 'Strictly Rude' and filled with some of the best ska tunes written in awhile, but there are some underwhelming tracks (Deadpan Face ).
If you're a ska fan, and not quite a Big D fan, this is the album for you.
Look for it in March if you're going to wait.

*Note* I'm going to buy this album. I may be a dirty pirate, but more often than not, I buy the records I download.

P.S.
It's on Gmail.
Circle that A, motherfucker!
Last edited by Warm-And-Fuzzy at Jan 28, 2007,
im gonna buy it the day it comes out, i love Big D. gonna see them at warped this summer too.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

I'm not going to even bother with this because ska sucks. Maybe if they were still in their ska punk thing.
this is kinda off topic, but how do cds get leaked? does some one like get an advance copy of the cd and upload it to the interent or do people like steal it or do the people that record the songs leak it or what? it seems like a lot of cds seem to get leaked and i don't see how.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Well theres a lot of ways. CDs are printed weeks before they go on sale. Copies are sent to reviewers. Someone in a warehouse could pocket a copy, an advanced copy could be lent to the wrong person. There are many ways for a CD to fall into the hands of a ripper.
I am 'different', just like everybody else!
Jump aboard the Irony Express, destination: Western Youth!
A whole bunch got 'leaked' a while ago simply because the files were kept in some unprotected directory on the Pitchfork site that a random browser managed to find, right?
yeah, they've always kind of sucked for me...is it on the gmail account?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by mike2
yeah, they've always kind of sucked for me...is it on the gmail account?

It's on Gmail.
I'll "yousendit" the files that are too big.
*You have a week from today to get the longer songs*

I was very, very surprised about this record it's actually good, and not shitty like every other Big D record.
It leaked!? I know 4 songs are on one of their websites. But they were all good. I know a lot of people dislike them but honestly Big D is one of my favorite bands (behind the Descendents and Beastie Boys). I don't know...I've been listening to them forever and I can always relate to their songs and they put me in a good mood/can make me laugh as well.

/me has bad taste I guess?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
i've probably listened to the whole thing 3 times already. i'm definately gonna try and get it as soon as it comes out. and while we're on the subject of new big d albums, is anyone gonna get their split with brain failure? it comes out in like 2 and a half weeks.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
^ i might get that, i like both bands.^

for an update, you can now pre-order the album on the internet and if you do it on interpunk.com you get a free signed poster and like a sticker or something. thats what im gonna do.
THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

I also have the split with Brain Failure - I'll put that up right now.
Don't expect the same kind of material, though.
It's usual Big D fare, and is OKAY at best.

Brain Failure's stuff is always great, though.

*It's a leaked copy of the CD.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Big D playing good ska!?

I won't believe it until I've heard it.

My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: When can I can legally get the album?
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
the new cd is actually pretty good...a couple songs are big d-esque material; but most of it is pretty good...ska....i liked it.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
Quote by Patches McGee
My thoughts exactly.

EDIT: When can I can legally get the album?

March 20th

It's far, far away.

I'm hoping that since it leaked, they'll re-master the tracks and make them better.
Gahhhh!

That's quite the wait.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by Warm-And-Fuzzy
March 20th

It's far, far away.

I'm hoping that since it leaked, they'll re-master the tracks and make them better.

Ya, the trumpets sound kinda quiet compared to the other instruments.

What's your guys' favorite song off it so far? For me either "Hell on Earth" or "Noise Complaint".
Thanks the album is great

and warm and fuzzy thanks for helpin me out when i tryed to pm you my comp locked
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Quote by Manos15
Ya, the trumpets sound kinda quiet compared to the other instruments.

What's your guys' favorite song off it so far? For me either "Hell on Earth" or "Noise Complaint".

"Try Out Your Voice" is the track that stands out the most for me.
Just about every track is just absolutely great, save for "Deadpan Face," "Snakebite," and "Strictly Rude."

I was gonna blow off Big D when they come to town in March with Anti-Flag, but now, I'm gonna pre-order my ticket, and show up on time to see Big D play this stuff live.
I'm really excited.

Quote by stagasarus8

and warm and fuzzy thanks for helpin me out when i tryed to pm you my comp locked

No problems.

Anyone else need some Gmail love?