I've been looking around at some multi-effect pedals lately and I must say the offerings from Boss seem quite tasty. Specifically, I've been drooling over the GT-8, and from what I've read and heard it's quite a spiffy little device. I'm definitely considering buying it, but before I do I have a question.

Is there any other good multi fx in the $500-800 CAD range? Any replies are appreciated.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
boss ME 50 is a total god.

makes line six sound good.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
G-major. Or a used G-force. Blows those away. But its rackamount.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Quote by robertreilly666
boss ME 50 is a total god.

makes line six sound good.

Does that mean the ME 50 is bad? I'm getting some mixed signals here o.O

Quote by joining_heads
G-major. Or a used G-force. Blows those away. But its rackamount.

Just checking here: you mean rackmount, right? If it's what I think it is, I'm pretty sure it's a little past what I need. I just want a good (not pro, just good) multi fx for practice and home recording.
Rig

Zoom GT9.2TT FTW!!! You can save more more presets for individual pedals, has two tubes, and an expression pedal + a wah pedal.

The Boss GT-8 is pretty good though.

EDIT: seeing that u want something to record with, the Zoom has a USB thing for recording and all that.

It's about 400 american dollars.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
The GT-8 is the best in its market (POD XTL, Digitech GNX3/4, Zoom 9.2tt, Vox Tonelab). Don't be fooled by the Zoom's tubes, they don't do much of anything to the signal other than boost it, which is a bad idea with digital equipment (look up unity gain and digital distortion).
Quote by TwoString
The GT-8 is the best in its market (POD XTL, Digitech GNX3/4, Zoom 9.2tt, Vox Tonelab). Don't be fooled by the Zoom's tubes, they don't do much of anything to the signal other than boost it, which is a bad idea with digital equipment (look up unity gain and digital distortion).

Thanks for the handy info. I just found a GT-8 on eBay for about $480 (this includes shipping from California). I think I'll be buying it tonight and hopefully it'll be here sometime next week.
Rig