I want to do something with this bad boy. First guitar that was ever given to me... so any ideas? Although Hetfield played an ESP, I really dig the white body. I want to go with zebra coil Duncans if this happens... or with the 'ol 85/81 EMG set up. How would I go about all this? what will I need? I can't wait to get started. Help a guy ouuuut!! Thanks!

Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
depends. if you get active pick ups your going to have to find a place to add the battery and its wiring. which shouldnt be hard. cool looking guitar tho. has that rugged look
www.myspace.com/wearedraind
My Rig:
ESP LTD MH401NT
ESP LTD EX-400BD (two of them)
Peavey 5150
Mesa 4x12 Straightback Slant cab loaded with v30's
buh-buh-buh BUMP
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
blaaah.... look at me
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
anything is possible if you have the money for it
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
go to gear building and customizing
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
I had one of these babies years ago. It was actually a pretty nice guitar. That neck-thru construction gives it solid tone and pretty easy upper fret access. Mine was white too.

I never could find out what wood this guitar was. Still to this day, I've never got that information anywhere. I know I had tried EMGs in it, but they really didn't do it for me (odd since EMG have been my #1 pickup choice for 18 years now). I ended up with some Dimarzios in it, I believe. Can't remember which model in particular though...
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I think it's Basswood. Not sure though. The whammy set up is a little stiff for my liking. Any other choices? (Floyd Rose?)
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
like $300-$400? wow... that's a harsh reality when I only paid $250 for it (in '98)
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
have to go for the dumbass moment here but i did not even know takamine did anything but acoustics, mind you i have never looked so there goes that,

my suggestion would be to get pickups that suit your style, duncans, EMG's does not matter they have to be to what you want, new machine heads would probably be good but not as necessary as you seem to have a locking system, new floyd rose or kahler trem. The sky is the limit, have fun with, refinish it you want, use it as a project to learn how to do things like, finishing, fretting etc, especially as it does not matter as you have some quality other guitars in your list