im considering this pedal, just wondering if there anyone else who has this and if it has helped tonewise a lot.

i had read some mixed reviews, some said it helped and some saying it kinda brightens up the amp, kinda like making your treble higher.
yeah it basically makes it sound like you are plaing w/ a wah tilted all the way up

improves clarity and brightness well
thanks

the thing is im afraid that it'll overly brighten up my amp, as its pretty bright right now.
it wont over brigthen your amp i can promise you that. the process knob will adjust the brightness and high end frequencies while the lo countour knob basically makes your amp sound as powerful as a mos valve power amp when fully cranked. if youre a fan of Dimebag Darrell's tone, this is 1 of the 4 keys to replicating his sound (along with his pickups, randall amps, and texas heat speakers)

also, i highly recommend that you hook this up through an effects loop. and if you have active pickups, do not run your guitar's signal to the pedal and then to your amp, it wont do much changing to your tone.

i like to think of this pedal as an EQ pedal but its also much like a sustainer as well. there's one thing i know for sure: if you have an effects loop on your amp head, this pedal will not disappoint you
It depends. I dont like them all that much. When I hear them through amps which are rich in harmonics they kind of make a slight (barely audiable) clipping sound during staccato palm mutes. Also, people seem to over do them and end up with a digital sound. IDK, maybe I have not spent enough time with them, but at one point I was looking to buy one and decided they were not for me.
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
i think you should try it out, its hard to explain exactly what it does, but it works like it should and doesnt overbrighten your amp
at the moment my "clean" rig consists of a fender strat -> TS9 -> Peavey Classic 30, with DE7 in the loop.

i'll primarily be using it for cleans or just slight overdrive
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the pedal isnt very good at all IMO. Get the rack version.

The circuit in the Sonic Stomp is identical to the one in the 482i.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by SeanHart213
it wont over brigthen your amp i can promise you that. the process knob will adjust the brightness and high end frequencies while the lo countour knob basically makes your amp sound as powerful as a mos valve power amp when fully cranked. if youre a fan of Dimebag Darrell's tone, this is 1 of the 4 keys to replicating his sound (along with his pickups, randall amps, and texas heat speakers)

also, i highly recommend that you hook this up through an effects loop. and if you have active pickups, do not run your guitar's signal to the pedal and then to your amp, it wont do much changing to your tone.

i like to think of this pedal as an EQ pedal but its also much like a sustainer as well. there's one thing i know for sure: if you have an effects loop on your amp head, this pedal will not disappoint you

+1. It'll definitely increase lows as much if not more than highs. It's effectiveness varies depending on the amp but it does great things with my old tube amp.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
Quote by fatgraymatt
The circuit in the Sonic Stomp is identical to the one in the 482i.

yeah the 482i is the low end one. the 882 is the one thats actually worth using.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
yeah the 482i is the low end one. the 882 is the one thats actually worth using.

OK, at first you said "the pedal sucks, get the rack version". Now it's "they both suck, get the more expensive rack version". Once again, the sound-shaping circuit is identical in both, it's just that the 882i has dual-mono operation with balanced XLR inputs and outputs, which is not going to come in real handy with most guitar rigs. The 882i is built more with sound engineers in mind, but the vast majority of people using them for guitar use the 482i.
alexi laiho uses one together with marshalls and emg hz's with afterburner pots

says he uses it for thicker bottom end
Quote by fatgraymatt
OK, at first you said "the pedal sucks, get the rack version". Now it's "they both suck, get the more expensive rack version". Once again, the sound-shaping circuit is identical in both, it's just that the 882i has dual-mono operation with balanced XLR inputs and outputs, which is not going to come in real handy with most guitar rigs. The 882i is built more with sound engineers in mind, but the vast majority of people using them for guitar use the 482i.

to my ears the 822 has a lot more clarity and definitely sounds different. Oh and the pedal also lacks the same controls that the rackmount has so even if the board is the same that means something will have a static setting that isnt static on the rackmount
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 29, 2007,