I just got back into playing after quite a few years of being away from it. I bought an Ibanez RG370DX and it plays pretty nice. After reading several posts I'm wondering what is wrong with the Edge III tremelo on it. I've had no issues thus far, anyone care to explain so I know what to look for it doing later? Only problem I've found on the guitar thus far has been that I had to file the ends off the frets because the were too long and tearing up my fingers.
The Edge III gets a bad rep because it's not known for its tuning stability. That's basically it, as far as I know.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Use the trem a lot for a year(or even less) and you'll have tuning problems and the knife edges are going to be worn out. Why do you think there is an Edge Pro? Cause its way fricken better and is built with stronger metals than the edge3.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Any Floyd style replacement should fit right in then?
My Gear:

Jackson RR3 Pro
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender CD140 Acoustic/Electric
Line 5 HD500 effects unit
Marshall MA100

"Grunge was invented for people who can't play solos"
the edge pro doesn't fit in place of it, but the Original Floyd Rose does.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix