Had something happen over the weekend that I deem fairly pit worthy, due to the stupidity of it. Over the weekend I went to go watch a few friends who have a blues band, one of whom is my old guitar and theory professor from college. Was sitting down enjoying the good music when a woman approached me and grabbed my leg to get my attention. I was pretty buzzed at this point, until this woman opened her mouth. Then her stupidity actually sobered me up. She leans over and asks "If I know the band?" I say "yes", then she asks "Well do you think they would play some R&B or RAP?".

I kid you not she literally asked me if a blues band who has been playing blues and rock all night would play RAP. I looked this woman in the eyes and said "lady I don't think you've been listening tonight" then she continues to show her level of intelligence by saying "so that means they won't play rap?". I start laughing my ass off and say "look just walk away right now, because you can't be that stupid" Which she gets a depressed look on her face says "****" and goes back to sit down, while I continue to shake my head and laugh my ass off at how that was the dumbest thing I've ever been asked.

Normally I would let something stupid just go, but I had to share this little nugget of ignorance with the UG community lol.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
I was until the point that she kept asking if they would play rap music. The first time was ok, but to keep asking was a little much, since I was trying to enjoy the show. The woman looked to be in her late 40's, so at this point in her life should know that a bunch of white guys on stage with guitars probably are not going to play 50 cent and snoop dogg covers.

EDIT: Not to mention this place was a biker bar that only plays blues, rock, metal, and country music, it says this on the door before you walk into the place.
Quote by Shredlet

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
Last edited by SinisterLefty at Jan 29, 2007,
I want to say you could have been nicer to her also cus she probably felt like trash. But how can you not want to make someone feel like trash after asking that? I probably would have given into the tempation too...except i use sarcasm a lot so i would have laid that on heavily so she wouldn't know whether to be offended and feel like shit or to laugh. And since she doesnt know what to think she'll think i'm the odd one and walk away. Which is the point isnt it, to get the person behind such a ridiculous question to walk away?
That kind of sparks me, how people go to shows even though they don't like rock music. It's wierd, I think, that rap fans come to our rock concerts, get all high and stuff, and just stand around, not even enjoying the music (which sometimes happens to be good). I guess that brings up the whole "poser" subject, but I'm too tired to start with that.
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
Normally I'm a little more cool and calm, so yes I could have probably been nicer, but it just wasn't the best night to bother me. The band was a lot meaner about it when she finally tried harrassed them about it.
Quote by Shredlet

Last edited by SinisterLefty at Jan 29, 2007,
No one asks a rapper to play rock, I think the same should apply the other way around.
you sound mean, she obviously didn't know it was a blues band and wanted to hear some R&B/rap
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Maybe she was trying to be funny........and get in your pants. But no you blew it didn't you.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
I got a little story....today I was at the city and I overheard two bums trash talking about another bum.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Like I said yes at the time I was in a bad mood, so I could have been nicer about it. I never have a problem when people come up to me while playing and ask for country or something else we don't play when my band is on stage. I tell them "i'm sorry but unfortunately we do not play that style" or something to that effect, but since it's a place that I know specifically states it's hatred for rap music on its DOOR and you are having a bad day, you sometimes respond harsher than you normally would. The way I was asked was in a tone like "I can't believe people like this kind of music".
Quote by Shredlet