I have a 30W Vox Valvetronix and i was wondering if it was possible to do like a tube switch (i think it has preamp tubes) to give it more "umph". I play alot of grind, death but i use alot of cleans for like btbam.
wrogn section.

umm i may be wrong but itsnt this a hybrid amp?
if so the pre amp tube really does nothing
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
wrogn section.

umm i may be wrong but itsnt this a hybrid amp?
if so the pre amp tube really does nothing

do you know what do the pre amp does?
i do, but ive heard from everyone that the preamps in hybrids do nothing & are there for marketing schemes
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Yeah I wouldnt think it would do much, the final signal ends up going through solid state systems so you lose the tubes character anyway.
It has the Valve Reactor system, a low-wattage tube power circuit, a virtual output transformer and a dummy speaker circuit . I don't know what that means but I think the tube is there for a reason.
Yea, the tube in the pre amp is just a marketing gimmick.
Tubes in the power amps section are the key, not the preamp.
So when you crank it, it will start producing square waves, not tube overdrive. Pity.
Way to go, Invictious, you're wrong.

Vox has the tube in the poweramp running on about one watt, then it's paired with a solid-state poweramp to amplify it up to the wattage on the box.
It has a tube in the power amp!?!?!!?!?
Well that's news.
Either way you don't see people buying Voxs because 'they have a tube tone'
it really does help the tone to have a tube in the circuit, it makes things a little warmer sounding, you just wont get tube distortion. And everything about power tubes being the most important for tube tone is bullshit, the preamp colors you sound a whole lot more than the power amp. I swear this site in general has some of the most ridiculous misconceptions about amps and stuff that ive ever read.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm