what chords, apart from power chords, should i use to play metal rhythm/riffs?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
Power chords are pretty much the only chords used in metal, unless you're referring to clean ballad-esque pieces...
sometmes major and minor thirds like x 10 9 x x x or x 9 7 x x x x can give a different tone, especially if plyed in harmony with an E5 chord or D5 chord respectively
Quote by yawn
Wikipedia articles are my inspiration.

www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Custom Strat
Roland Cube 30 (soon upgrading to Peavy Valveking 112)
Danelectro FAB Metal
Marshall VT-1

RIP Chris Benoit
Are thirds always two strings?
Quote by Gigatiran
It's really not that hard... almost all women are sluts.

Quote by Twist of fate
do u rlly think a girl will come to school in the morning and interrupt ur conversation screaming "Hey i nailed my own poonaner last nite and came like a hurricane YEA BABII"
^ Well, I suppose you could play a third an octave up (but then it might not necessarily be a third).
Quote by davo_333
what chords, apart from power chords, should i use to play metal rhythm/riffs?

Dude, you can use ANYTHING to play metal. Look at Necrophagist. Theres all your Neo-classical music. Try Nile. Theres full , 6 string chords and random solos. Theres all kinds. Just play what feels good dude.
Quote by yawn
Power chords are pretty much the only chords used in metal, unless you're referring to clean ballad-esque pieces...

no, theres also the "hate eternal chords" as i like to call them. those are quite common as well.
Read my post. Not this.