I want to put a short scale neck on a strat. Will I run into intonation problems beyond what I can adjust with the bridge saddles?
Yes. You will have to take the bridge off, fill the rout, and rerout.
Not taking any online orders.
the pickups won't sound right either since their put along particular harmonic points on the strings... or should be anyway
Even if he were to do it with one of those Warmoth conversion necks?
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
Quote by sillybuuger12
the pickups won't sound right either since their put along particular harmonic points on the strings... or should be anyway

Nodes are hypothetical and move as soon as you fret a note. They are, however placed in harmonic spots, but that has zero affect on tone.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
If the scale is shorter, wouldn't that mean that the neck pickup will be closer to the 12th fret, making it more bassy?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by AlGeeEater
Nodes are hypothetical and move as soon as you fret a note. They are, however placed in harmonic spots, but that has zero affect on tone.

Chris

i stand corrected
So pickups aside, you are saying that the I won't be able to intonate in tune even with a conversion neck? Unless I redrill?

That sucks.
his hands are small? ^

personally i think that the 25.5 scale is too small, and wish to get a 27" for my lovely meathook hands. i can't accurately play on the high frets because my hands are so big.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
The Warmoth Conversion neck will work just fine as long as your guitar is compatible. They're a standup company to work with, just give them a call and they'll tell you everything you need to know.