Page 1 of 2
This is actually really old news. But no one seems to believe me. Did you know that the "number of the beast" is NOT 666? It is actually 616. I forgot who. But i we found some bible older than the one we praise now. And in it it confirmed the number was 616.
Last edited by JoshMartyr at Jan 29, 2007,
I have read that too. But we have only found 616 in only one ancient writing; along with the number 665. The one we presume to be written by John was 666. Either way doesn't matter because no matter what this number makes no sense to us at all.
yea and i heard that 666 is actually the number for the sun...
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
six...one six
the number of the beast.

wow that has a great ring to it.
I think some monk had a vision of the future and for all our sakes he did a quick little edit to the manuscript.
BLAST in the Greek text it is written six hundred sixty-six not six-six-six.

EDIT: Some grammar nazi like myself had to correct me so... yeah I took out the decimal point
Last edited by The Ted at Jan 29, 2007,
Quote by The Ted
BLAST in the Greek text it is written six hundred and sixty six not six-six-six.

6.66?

Makes no sense.
Quote by The Casualty
6.66?

Makes no sense.

You can't even say that though because I said six hundred and sixty-six. I know the and mean decimal point, but because I did not sixty-six hundredth it cannot be a decimal point. This is what we call informal writing. And again either way 6.66, 616, 665, 666 still make no sense which ever number you pick.
Quote by The Ted
You can't even say that though because I said six hundred and sixty-six. I know the and mean decimal point, but because I did not sixty-six hundredth it cannot be a decimal point. This is what we call informal writing. And again either way 6.66, 616, 665, 666 still make no sense which ever number you pick.

Oh, yeh, I misunderstood.
there are so many different and contradictory texts about this sort of thing tht its pretty pointless to debate, since really none of the texts are more or less valid than the others.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
QI is where the 616 thing comes from. the 666 thing is the highest pure triangle number and also if you take the popes title and write it in roman numerals and add those numerals together you get 666. theres also some other maths things to do with it.
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
/\ how little you know
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
You guys are all wrong with the pronunciation. It's actually Six-Hundred and Threescore and Six, not six-six-six or six hundred sixty six.
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
what the hell does threescore mean??
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
^a score is twenty, so threescore is sixty. he just wrote it in a complicated way, for some reason
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation
This is old news, I used to make a big fuss about it whenever people thought they were hard core carving '666' into their arms, but I just stopped giving a damn.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Revelations 13:18 does not suddenly make perfect sense if you substitute 616 for 666. Unless Dickinson stars howling "SIX ONE SIX", what they found at Oxyrhynchus has very little relevance to anyone here.
Quote by scrilly
Revelations 13:18 does not suddenly make perfect sense if you substitute 616 for 666. Unless Dickinson stars howling "SIX ONE SIX", what they found at Oxyrhynchus has very little relevance to anyone here.

is that where they found it?

and Burpin worm your hilarious
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Wait wait wait...

Does anyone give a shit?

No....
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Alright kids, there was this thing called hebrew......

6 was the number of imperfection, whereas 7 was perfection. In hebrew, saying something (or more importantly writing it) 3 times was their version of the exclamation point.

You guys have so many silly and random ideas I don't even know how you got them.

Well, thats the truth, regardless of if you think otherwise.
Quote by HxCori<3
you sir, are the ultimate UG stereotype, praise a not so good metal player, zakk, put down other peoples playing, seriously say I WAS GONAA PLAYZ SOME UBER LEEDS LOZLOERLS~1!!!11!, and then critique epiphones as if there worth a second glance
" If you're Five Five Five, then i'm Six One Six " just doenst have that ring to it does it ??
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by Toms' anominous
is that where they found it?

Yeah.
Last edited by scrilly at Jan 29, 2007,
what did they find at Oxyrhynchus?
Quote by Mild Vibe
Wow, this rattlesnake sure does seem to want to give me head, doesn't it?
I just emailed Tom Araya and he confirmed that the number of the beast is 616.
Quote by Sagdiyev
This man's an anal masturbator, he knows what he's talking about.
Do you know satans spawn isnt actually called Damien but is called Ronald.
Last edited by Vedder=GOD at Jan 29, 2007,
Quote by Prologue
I've heard both 616 and 666.

616 is my phone's area code.

same here. i live in GR.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Page 1 of 2