how would i go about converting dropped D or C or any alternate tuning into standard? or can i? if not do i just have to play the song in a different key?

Thanks.
Drop D is only the E string tuned down so that's easy to do. With drop C you couldput your guitar in drop d and play the tab 2 frets lower than shown.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

yah, i understand that but what i meant was is it possible to play in alternate tunings while the guitar is in standard....i figure its not because it would be in a different key....im just getting sick of jumping back and forth between tunings
its so much extra effort you might as well take the 2 minutes to drop your tuning. its not that difficult, and converting it to regular especially when they are chords that are barred that its not even worth taking the time.
thats just my opinion
Quote by Bair
yah, i understand that but what i meant was is it possible to play in alternate tunings while the guitar is in standard....i figure its not because it would be in a different key....im just getting sick of jumping back and forth between tunings

Assuming you want to stay in the same key, short answer: yes, after transposition, unless it involves notes below E2.
Last edited by scrilly at Jan 29, 2007,
d g c f a d for d standard.low to high.

c f a# d# g c for c standard low to high.

not:for c standard strings will sound very sloppy if there not very, very thick strings.
yah, i think i have my answer now thanks. and yah, they're the thickest gauge string i can get in the city