Page 1 of 2
I seen it last night. I thought it would have a Harry Potter feel to it but it was pretty good. I guess there's another one coming out too? It's called like 'Ernest' or something?

Anyways, it's good and I definately recommend it.
I've seen adverts for it and it looks terrible, I'm not going to go and see it.
Wasn't the book written by a 12 year old or something like that?
Quote by Tom Martin

Wasn't the book written by a 12 year old or something like that?

nah i think ure thinking of j.k. rowling
Quote by Atreideslegend
nah i think ure thinking of j.k. rowling

J.K. Rowling isn't 12 you goit.

EDIT: just looked it up, Christopher Paolini wrote it when he was 19. Still pretty young for a book thats been turned into a big film
^he started when he was 15. It's not releasing in India, so I'm going to torrent it, does anyone have a link for it?
Changed signature after 4 years.

Will take some time to make a new one.
I read both books, and they're pretty awesome. I heard the movie was really different than the book though, and I dunno when that happens i just dont enjoy it as much. I beat the game on PC though. That's pretty fun, a lil short though.
Alta Vera - My real life alternative rock band.
Ashen Spire - My personal metal band.

Super Mario, F-Zero & Dragonball Z covers!

PSN: whatev27

Let me ask you, does a machine like yourself ever experience fear?

The movie looks like shit. I heard that they made the movie from both books, Eragon, and Eldest.
Movie sucks compared to the book, I read the books and they are great though they really remember star wars in a way.

edit:
The movie looks like shit. I heard that they made the movie from both books, Eragon, and Eldest.

Actually no, they just leave out major stuff from the book intsead of mixing both.

Ex: The main enemy instead of being an Orcish thing like the book turns into a greasy hobo.
Last edited by Alexander_BR at Jan 29, 2007,
The book was meh. Don't get me wrong, I have huge respect for the guy as a writer. Anyone that can finish a book even gets points with me. However, I feel that he was only really successful because of his age. They used that as a marketing scheme. "Hey look he's not even 20, read the book!" Whereas if they had purely gone on writing talent and originality, it would not have been a movie. I'm sure it still would have been published, it's still pretty damn good, but there is no way in hell it would have sold as it had if he weren't 19 years old.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
The movie is great in my oppinion, And i also think there will be another part
Quote by irishmatt1992
I seen it last night. I thought it would have a Harry Potter feel to it but it was pretty good. I guess there's another one coming out too? It's called like 'Ernest' or something?

Nice grammar, douche.
^ What the HELL does that have to do with anything? ffs. Lay off, you dick.

The books are awesome - I'm waiting on the third one. The film, however, was a big sloppy shitebomb. Not worth it, lol. The books though - would definitely advise they be read. Mmm.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
I quite like the books, but the films look like a complete nerdy cheesefest.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
omfg are any of you serious, or are you all 11? i hate to be play the role of the asshole here but jesus tapdancing christ that film was awful. i'm all for the odd bit of fantasy or whatever, i enjoyed the LOTR films, and sci fi is alright, but god damn! it was such a blatant lord of the rings rip off i kept waiting for them to slip up and call someone frodo. and then in comes the star wars stuff, it basically alternated between the two, sometimes adding a hint of harry potter or any other clichéd crap. the acting was dire, the characters were stale, half of the cast had american accents, and the target audience seemed to be toddlers with autism. i mean i don't need to be told something 3 times, i got it the first time - first the character says something, then someone else narrates it, then someone else tells it to someone else. i for one have an IQ higher than that of the chair i'm sitting in. for anyone to call this a good, original, must-see fantasy film is nothing short of a travesty.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
Actually, the second book is called "Ernesto", and is about a puerto rican cocain farmer who happens to find a dragon as well hundreds of years after Eragon. Together they plan to rid the world of the WTO and the FCC.

EDIT: No, really, I have no intention of seeing this movie. Any middle aged movie where every one speaks with a normal american accent pisses me off, and it has some of the worst CG I've ever seen in a modern day film.
Quote by NovemberRain273
I read both books, and they're pretty awesome. I heard the movie was really different than the book though, and I dunno when that happens i just dont enjoy it as much. I beat the game on PC though. That's pretty fun, a lil short though.

What ever you do, if you liked the books don't see the movie!!!!
I saw it, hoping it would follow the book well enough, WRONG
They go from Carvahall straght to the Beor mountains without the slitest metion of Jeod, Teirm, Dras-Leona, or Gil'ead. When they get there, the battle with the Urgals.(which lasts all of two mins) then near the end Durza creates this shadow thing to fight Eragon with.
+ as an added bonus they kill off the Ra'zac and they had Brom die by Durza stabing him.

BTW does enenyone know when the third book is coming out?
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Last edited by avenged_7_fold at Jan 29, 2007,
The book was good but the movie was utterly terrible. Just, so bad. Painfully so. It physically hurt me.

But the books are pretty good. Check them out.

Co-Founder of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM me or TechnicolorBoy to join.

My music --> Check it out!
The books were good, haven't seen the film and don't intend to, doesn't look or sound that great.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
This is the one about the dragon and the movie has Jeremy Irons in doesn't it?
I saw the book a while back in WH Smith, but it was int he Childrens section and the big smiing dragon on the cover put me off buying it. I have no intention of seeing the movie, though I may just because I like Jeremy Irons.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by NemesisX
^ What the HELL does that have to do with anything? ffs. Lay off, you dick.

The books are awesome - I'm waiting on the third one. The film, however, was a big sloppy shitebomb. Not worth it, lol. The books though - would definitely advise they be read. Mmm.

If English is your native language and you speak it as poorly as an illegal alien, then you are a douche and deserve zero respect. I'm sorry, it's much as if the fellow had just said: "I'm a lazy **** who cares nothing of keeping up appearance or respecting people by putting together a cognizant sentence, **** you". I find that offensive.
Quote by spittle8
If English is your native language and you speak it as poorly as an illegal alien, then you are a douche and deserve zero respect. I'm sorry, it's much as if the fellow had just said: "I'm a lazy **** who cares nothing of keeping up appearance or respecting people by putting together a cognizant sentence, **** you". I find that offensive.

Quote by irishmatt1992

You really found that quote so horribly bad you had to comment on it, and then go off on one about how it 'offends you'? There's really not that much wrong with this post, sure saying "I seen it" isn't exactly proper use of the Queen's English, and "it's called like 'Ernest' " isn't the most formal language... but you really felt so disgusted by this post you had to rip into him?

Get a life. He doesn't have the grammar of an 'illegal alien', I think you will find you are the douche, even though that word is stupid and pisses me off. Thats why it fits you so well.
Quote by Tom Martin
You really found that quote so horribly bad you had to comment on it, and then go off on one about how it 'offends you'? There's really not that much wrong with this post, sure saying "I seen it" isn't exactly proper use of the Queen's English, and "it's called like 'Ernest' " isn't the most formal language... but you really felt so disgusted by this post you had to rip into him?

Get a life. He doesn't have the grammar of an 'illegal alien', I think you will find you are the douche, even though that word is stupid and pisses me off. Thats why it fits you so well.

Summed it up nicely. I hate grammar nazis who go off at people for no reason, just because their grammar isn't great. People like that really make me pissed off.
Quote by Tom Martin

LOL! Okay, then. "I seen it". That, to me, is about as stupid a thing as can be said by a person. It just screams white trash. I'm doing the guy a favor. Maybe now he'll know not to speak like that? See! His life is improved.

Regardless, I just noticed he is a fan of Hurt. Cool.
I loved the movie, there's definitely going to be a sequel.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Meh. Book was good but the movie left out like half the story and sucked IMO. I don't think I'm going to see the 2nd one, the first one was dissapointing enough.
Quote by spittle8
LOL! Okay, then. "I seen it". That, to me, is about as stupid a thing as can be said by a person. It just screams white trash. I'm doing the guy a favor. Maybe now he'll know not to speak like that? See! His life is improved.

Regardless, I just noticed he is a fan of Hurt. Cool.

Nah, I'm just gonna do it to piss you off.

The book, I read it.
didnt read the book but i enjoyed the movie regardless.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

I used to hate chavs until my sister got a smack in the mouth from one. Now I love them.
The books are great, just finished the second one, but the movie was horrible... It'd be pretty much impossible to do a second movie because they left out so much detail in the first.
movie sucked
they can keep my 8 bucks but i want my 2 hours back
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The book was an entertaining enough read, despite being a complete rip off of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time and just about every other fantasy story ever written. It was also written in a style that just screams "This was written by a teenager".

I'm not going to go and see the film if its worse than the book, I may torrent it if I get very, very bored sometime.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
If youve read the book, youll realize that the movie sucks.

The newestone is coming out this summar called Empire
It's like I told a friend: put Star Wars in an LOTR universe and you have 75-80 % of Eragon. I always tease my bro by predicting that Murtagh is Eragon's real father through some sort of time warp because Vader was Luke's father, and Star Wars is a good predictor in this series. Seriously though, I really hope the third book rips off Return of the Jedi; this guy rips stuff off without looking like a complete idiot IMO.
Eragon's my favourite book, i read it when it came out, same with Eldest. I've only seen bits of the film but i wasn't a huge fan, i preferred reading the books to watching the small bits of it that i did
Quote by Axeman99
The book was an entertaining enough read, despite being a complete rip off of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time and just about every other fantasy story ever written. It was also written in a style that just screams "This was written by a teenager".

I'm not going to go and see the film if its worse than the book, I may torrent it if I get very, very bored sometime.

Does the protagonist worry that he hasn't got laid yet, and feels a lot of frustration from zit creams not working?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I haven't seen the movie, but did Saphira have feathers?! What the hell kind of dragon has feathers!?
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
The movie was lame. The books are alright though. They aren't amazing but I find them interesting.
First book was okay.

I paid 40 dollars for the second book, and I found it failed hard. So hard I couldn't finish reading it.

:X

And I didn't bother with the movie.
Page 1 of 2