My friend's interested in learnin bass,can you guys recommend me good ones that wont burn a hole in his pocket?Not forgetting amps too?Thanks
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Just have him get on of those fender bass and amp sets there pretty good priced. and dont sound like complete crap.
Yamaha RBX170 or Ibanez GSR200 and he should be set for a bass. For amps i agree with looking at the cheaper fender amps
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^ +2 on GSR 200. And, since I am the messiah, +10 to Peavey Millenium III. Best bass out there for the price, if you ask me. And you should. Since I'm the messiah.

Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
^ And are useless, even for practicing. Poor quality, and not at all useful in a band practice situation. There's a reason they're so cheap.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Is the Jumpstart from ibanez reliable?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Or maybe I should tell him to invest on an Ashton AB500 which i can get for quite a low price?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
yh. i've played the ibanez jumpstart pack for about 2 years solid now and its never given me any trouble. its a good bass to learn on and it also holds its own gigging.