Hey,

I am looking at some acoustic guitars, and wondering if you have any good recommendations concerning Mahogany guitars with solid backs.

That's pretty much it, I'm on a budget so the cheaper the better.
Martin D15 is always a good choice. It keeps going up in price so you better hurry if you want it. 2 years ago it was $500 and solid honduran mahogany. Now after a cutting ban on mahogany it's gone up to about $800 and they use mostly sepele now. There are still a bunch of them floting around that are honduran mahogany but they won't be out there long.

Taylor 210 is a sepele back and sides spruce top guitar. Also a nice guitar. Untill this year it was a lot more expensive than the martin but now it's about the same price.

Tanglewood has an african mahogany back and side guitar for about $650 but I can't remember the model number. Something like TW15 I think.

Alvarez has a cutaway dread with solid mahogany back and sides spruce top for around $800 and a noncutaway dread for about 750 but I don't remember the models of them either.

If price really is your bottom line then takamine has a nice guitar with nato back and sides. Nato sounds similar to mahogany but is a lot cheaper. The EG530 sells for about $600
Not taking any online orders.
The Alvarez MD80 is the number for what cord said above...and it might even be a little less than that.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Tanglewood has an african mahogany back and side guitar for about $650 but I can't remember the model number. Something like TW15 I think.

http://www.guitarbitz.com/413.htm
the Tanglewood TW115AS has solid mahogany back and sides and a solid spruce top.
http://www.guitarbitz.com/594.htm
the TW15 has solid African mahogany back and sides and a solid spruce top.

Quote by CorduroyEW
If price really is your bottom line then takamine has a nice guitar with nato back and sides. Nato sounds similar to mahogany but is a lot cheaper. The EG530 sells for about $600

that Takamine, specifically the EG530SSC, has a solid nato back, but the sides are laminated. i actually have one of these though and it's a great value at $600.