For instance, I, like many others here do not really like emo, or screamo/emocore, whatever they are callin it these days. owever, I do like Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, and even though I have tried to hate them, I kinda like My Chemical Romance (probably because their lead guitarist has stepped up his game on the last album).

Also, I hate pop punk (or radio punk), but I do like the guitar in that song by Cartel called Honestly, and MxPx is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Remember, this thread is not limited to emo and pop punk, it can be kind of rock.
Um, i like Zyklon, but i dont really like black metal. does that count?
DEATH METAL FOR LIFE!
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
I like AFI, but dislike most of the other bands that are usually lumped in with them. (Not their new album, that sucks.)
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I dislike emo but like Taking Back Sunday and Senses Fail, i dislike pop punk but like Blink 182 and Sum 41 and i dont like much tech death but like Decapitated.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Usually I don't like metalcore, but Killswitch Engage is good, probably because Adam D. is so cool.
i dont really like screamo, but atreyu has some heavy, good guitar parts. for example, lip gloss and black on the album suicide notes and butterfly kisses. check it out.
i dont really like hiphop, but k-os is the man

and i dont like pop/punk, but i like weezer and sum41 (although i dont consider them pop/punk, there albums remind me alot more of weak metal)
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I don't like Nu-Metal but I like Mudvayne.

That's it.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I was gonna say the Prodigy, but I quite like a bit of dance music nowadays.

The only genre I can think of that I don't like is also emo. But I like Funeral for a Friend, there ya go, I did it.
Well, I dunno how much of a stretch this is, cause I don't know what people are calling System of a Down these days, but sometimes I like that band, and I hate almost everything else related to them, *especially* nu-metal (which is what I'd call SOAD.) The song "Brackish" by Kittie was alright, too, even though the band itself sucks worse than anything but Atreyu and Cradle of Filth.
i dislike screamo, but i do like TBS's FIRST ALBUM (are they screamo?)

i generally dislike pop music but there are some really irresistable pop songs, i cant really think of them, but there are a few.
I don't listen to Taking Back Sunday at all, so I can't be sure, but I thought they were just generic emo. I've never heard them sound metal-y or screech their way through a song or anything. I thought they were mellower.
I'm not really into metal or any of the countless -core genres, but i love The Dillinger Escape Plan, Behold... The Arctopus, Opeth, Meshuggah, Isis and a few others. It's still only about 10% of what i listen to though.
Dillinger Escape Plan was pretty interesting, especially considering all the crap even vaguely and distantly associated with it, but it still doesn't *sound* good.
umm i don't know nor care if this counts but i like NWA and Public Enemey but i hate "radio rap" and alot of rap in general.

'80s Hip-Hop rules!^^
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
I don't like much metal, but I do love Maiden
and also im not really that into raggae, but I like Bob Marley
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by RyanEck
I don't listen to Taking Back Sunday at all, so I can't be sure, but I thought they were just generic emo. I've never heard them sound metal-y or screech their way through a song or anything. I thought they were mellower.

oh well, i only like their first album anyways.

not that big a deal.

it might only be because im in love with john nolan too....
well, I'm not really into pop punk but I like Bowling for Soup, NOFX, and The Offspring. Also, I despise metalcore, but have taken a liking to Trivium's crusade album (probably because it no longer sounds metalcore), and Shadows Fall's The War Within
I'm very much bluesrock/classic rock based, but lately I've been expanding my genres. two bands I have recently grown to love are Rammstein and SebastiAn, the latter of which is a French new-rave group which would have never thought myself to have liked.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Im not much a fan of pop punk but Green Day got me into music (though I've moved my musical taste very very very much since then). Also Im not a fan of pop music for the most part but every single Gwen Stefani releases is really really cacthy. They're annoying but they're extremeley infectous...

Also, Im not a fan of country but I like Johnny Cash and John Prine.
genres i absolutely hate are those new emo bands (hinder, taking back sunday, fall out boy, panic at the disco, etc.). theres no question there. but some bands (korn, metallica, linkin park) are decent bands, some actually good. i, as someone else stated earlier, have tried to hate korn, but they actually made a couple good songs, coming undone and twisted transistor being those. those, in my opinion, are the only good songs they did. they are weird, somewhat scary (the album cover with the white kid with the black eyes on it), and the singing is not the best i have heard, but at least i can listen to korn and not want to totally smash the radio due to the sucky music on it (hinder, specifically).
Not much into Punk, but I love Bad Religion and the Misfits. And also In Flames is definately a stand out in whatever catergory there from. Death Metal? Melodic Death metal? Ah, who cares?
Quote by Ferdinandstrat
Wolfmother,they are a modern heavy metal band,but I love them.

Amen. I can't think of any other metal band I like properly (ie don't just like the odd song). And I'm seeing wolfmother on Tuesday! can't wait!

well I don't generally like much pop punk, but I think Green Day are amazing (yeah I couldn't care less if you don't)
i like taking back sunday....thats basically it

"and you can slit my throat....and with my last breath id apologize for bleeding on your shirt"

or something like that......damn emo lyrics
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Billy Talent, +44. Into the emo/screamo whatever you call, post-hardcore and metalcore. Moved away from nu-metal but i'm waiting for the new Linkin Park stuff, it's going to be interesting.
DANK MEMES
Look at my avatar... I hate other death metal bands, but CoB is awesome. I like mostly Classic Rock like Rush.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
For me, it has to be Slightly Stoopid. I bum most of they're stuff, but they're classed as Acoustic hip-hop (amongst other genres), and I normally hate hip-hop!

My Website

Sometimes I make people spurt:
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
sigged for making me spurt guiness on my laptop...damn you!

Quote by imdeth

Jimmy that was pure awesomeness. WIN!
I dislike most of the mainstream British rock scene at the moment, but I really like the Arctic Monkeys.
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and Atreyu- Metalcore

Disturbed- Nu Metal (I like to contest this genre for them, but w/e)

30 Seconds to Mars- w/e the fuck they are.

Slipknot (not a huge fan anymore, but I still like them, because they bring back memories)- Nu Metal.

That's about it for now.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
there isn't any genre where i like every band that plays it. for every band in a certain genre i like, there are 5 bands i hate.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
genres i absolutely hate are those new emo bands (hinder, taking back sunday, fall out boy, panic at the disco, etc.)...

Hinder? Emo? I think they suck too, but they are not emo.
I love Opeth, but other than that, I listen to very little metal.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
My Chemical Romance
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
30 Seconds to Mars
Green Day

Whee.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE