To get a good tone out of a marshall avt on either od1 or od2, I like the clean, it rings, but anyone suggest any setting specific to this amp. I find the od is either too thin and tinny sounding or too saturated.

I know that there are settings in the ultimate settings thread but it doesn't seem to give me a good tone.
a fair mix of rock and metal, if I use a pedal do i stick it through the clean or do I need to run it through one of the OD channels
run it through clean, when i run a ds pedal through od channels it sounds alright but there is feedback
POST FINDER
hi matt,

we have the same amp, are you of a simular opinion about the channels?

Can you give any sugested settings for them?

I have an old marshall guvnor, its ok.
My mate has the same amp and the way we got a decent tone out of it was using his multi FX. His tubescreamer didn't really work well with the amp but the multi FX did, even if it did sound a little generic.

Perhaps you could play around with some pedals? Most shops will have an AVT and perhaps you could try out some Big Muffs, GT-OD, OD1s etc you could find a pedal that suits?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
yeah just seems an expensive way of getting a good tone from something most people thing is sh!t.

Is it not better in the long run to get a better amp? I only play with myself though, oh and the amp lol.
Haha. Well, to be honest, if you can get a decent tone by using a stomp box (that'll cost between £50-100) that's perfectly useable for a year or two, is cheaper than buying a new amp.

Of course, you can't beat the tone of a nice valve amp. It's your call really and it's down to what you can afford.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
How does the Guv'nor compare with other distortion pedals or is there a special thread for pedals as well
What you should do is try out a few distortion pedals that look appealing to you in a shop, then buy the one you like the best.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
keep the treble low, the bass about noon, and the mids high. Also, keep the gain low on OD1, no more than about 5.

the avt doesn't take pedals amazingly well, at least from a boosting point of view.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, well I tried out one of the laney's an Lc 30, I only need it for bedroom practice, how do you think a it would take pedals and b is it too loud
^ well, it's too loud if you want to crank it, that's for sure, lol.

don't know how well it takes pedals. there's the lc15 or vc15 as well that might be worth a look.

what type of a distortion tone are you after?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ that's quite a wide range, unfortunately (well, it's good that you like a wide range of music, but it's bad from the point of view of an amp that'll do it all!)...

how much cash do you have?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?