well a few days ago i got a spider 3 30watt but now im thinking of swapping it for something a bit more versitile

i really want an amp that is good for playing metal , with lots of high gain and distortion ( which tbh the spider has) but can also sound great for other styles to like punk , rock, blues, country ect

from what ive read the vox ad30 seems to have all of this and for the same amount of money ( £160)

do you think it would be worth changeing ?

what are the good and bad points of the Vox?
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
The stock speaker sucks.

It'll sound good to you for a while but then you'll get bored of it.

Have you thought of a Roland Cube?
Hi, I'm Peter
yes that was suggested to me
do you have one ?
what's that like ?
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
No, I don't have one, but I've owned an AD30VT for a bit over a year and it's nothing special. You definitely get what you pay for.
Hi, I'm Peter
For sound quality and reliability, the Vox beats the Spider, but it's really not a metal amp. The Roland's a good recommendation.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Pros: Good modelling
Decent effects

Cons: Average speaker
No FX loop
Doesn't take pedals particuarly well
Not very good for metal

so for you i wouldn't get one and a cube is probably better
The Stuff!
hmmm this roland cube seems popular
what is the difference between the Cube and CubeX?
Quote by freedoms_stain