Can anyone tell me how is the Ibanez GRG270?
cause I'm thinking of purchasing it...

My Questions:
1. Does the trem on it sucks? (IE Losses tuning when doing a dive bomb)

2. is the neck camparable to the Wizards? (As thin as the Wizards)
^^

Alright then I'll dig the RG470 up...
oh and are their other alternatives other than the RG470?
i thought it was an S470? like the one i got..

RG470? last time i checked, it doesnt exist. But maybe it does it the new lineup.

The Gio series aint that good. Trem is weak, the neck is no where near as good as the Wizard II on the S470.

Alternatives for the similar price range would be the RG350..

Basswood body, Wizard II neck. Pretty good guitar, only thing questionable is the Edge Pro II trem, its no where near the ZR Trem like on the S470, but some seem to like it.

Your best bet would be to try one out. But id say pay the extra 100USD or so and get the S470.

Steer clear of those GRG or Gio stuff.. and those starter packs aint worth it, you will end up having to buy everything you have in the pack again.

I didnt get to play the S470 before i bought it, because i shipped mine from the states to where i am, because i couldnt get one here. But i promise you, it was more than well worth it.
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
Quote by xtopher_aaron

The Gio series aint that good. Trem is weak, the neck is no where near as good as the Wizard II on the S470.

Steer clear of those GRG or Gio stuff.. and those starter packs aint worth it, you will end up having to buy everything you have in the pack again.

I have a GSA60, and it's really good. Although it the trem has problems, it stays in tune perfectly if you don't use it. It's not as bad as most people think. If you use the right amp, it sounds awesome. And the Gio neck I found more comfortable than the Wizard, which was too thin for my liking.

There's my opinion.
^^

to xtopher_aaron: I'm checking in the Ibanez website and the RG470 is not there...
I think it's a discontinued model...

I was thinking of the RG470 because I saw one at the classified ads for about 200USD
and comes w/ Seymour Duncans...
RG470 is an old discontinued model. It comes with a Lo-TRS trem I think...

At $200, I'd get that and if the trem dies, swap it out with something better. Also, you got SD's so bonus!
^^

alright then I'll really dig the RG470 when I have sold my DG-Stomp
and crappy electric...
Ive got a ibanez GRG170, and it stays in tune pretty well even if I do the occasional divebomb or too. Its not even locking trem.

the pickups though....are REALLY microphonic.

ie. when I'm playing with my band, and I say something while playing, it is picked up and comes out of the amp. I dont even need to be saying it INTO the pickup.
1) Yes, the trem sucks.
Balls, actually.

2) No neck compares to the wizards or the prestiges, so either way, it's not as great as other Ibanez guitars. :]
i hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
building inside of me
to murder everything
i hope they cannot see
i am the great destroyer
There is only the newer S470QDXM i think.. its pretty much the same thing, just the colors are a little more outstanding, and the fretboard is bound rosewood, compared to the original which is just rosewood.

It is a discontinued model. Now theres the new 7string version of it. But i still say the S470QDXM is way superior to anything else within that budget.

GSA60 was one of my options before i got what i did. But trust me, the ZR trem on the S470 is way superior.

Maybe you dont fancy the neck, but alot of people do. Its really thin and super smooth.

Comparing a GSA60 to an S470 is ridiculous. Im not sure about what materials the GSA is made of, but the S470's sleek Mahogany body gives it an awesome tone, which is incredibly light for extended jamming. The Mahogany body, Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard just make it sound extremely sweet.

The combination of the above and the Jumbo frets, neck radius, HSH pickups, ZR trem, make it a sweet sounding versatile and comfortable guitar to play. Plus for that price, its one of the best around.

But i must add, although many people may feel this way and agree with me, its really your guitar and your money. Im just telling you what i think. Seriously, take a friend who knows about guitars and go check them out for yourself. Hopefully your friend would be able to point out some of the technical stuff, and you can just keep an eye out for the comfort and all that.

Bottom line, go try it out..
"I don't mind making sissy rock. I'll rock your ass sensitive style" - John Mayer
^^

yeap I'm planning on trying out those Ibanez soon but my problem is
how much can I get my DG-Stomp for?
I'm guessing within the $100 range though...
and if I'm maxed out I think I can get to $250 with the other items sold out then...
and I'm nowhere near a good trem at that right?