Lately i been feeling the need for divebombs!
In the future could i put a trem/floyd on this guitar and how much would it cost
Help appreciated

Yes, it would be possible. It's theoretically possible to put a trem on (almost) any guitar. However it would be easier just to buy a guitar with a trem, like this one

Ok, bad example. But I'm pretty sure ESP make (or have made) Eclipses with trems.
Last edited by sashki at Feb 6, 2007,
IMO, you could just buy a guitar with a cheap trem, and then add the floyd later. That way, it's not a major body adjustment.
Quote by ashesofthewake
IMO, you could just buy a guitar with a cheap trem, and then add the floyd later. That way, it's not a major body adjustment.

well, actually, yeah, it kinda is. the body has to be routed in a specific way for the floyd to fit and you'd be better off buying a guitar with a T-O-M bridge and then routing it later. les paul style guitars are infamous for not liking floyds, so it's hit or miss whether or not it'll fit in that one.

realistically, buy a guitar with a floyd already in it. it'll save you money and time and you'll have another guitar.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
True i could buy a new guitar, but i only had this one for month, and anyways I don't have the money atm. I was mainly wondering because it's a stringthru rather than a stop bar.
If you really want a trem, I would recommend Kahlers. They operate differently to Floyds. Although they're more expensive, they're very good and only need top routing. They work well on LP-types.
Quote by sashki
Yes, it would be possible. It's theoretically possible to put a trem on any guitar. However it would be easier just to buy a guitar with a trem, like this one

Ok, bad example. But I'm pretty sure ESP make (or have made) Eclipses with trems.

There are some japanese models with trems.

IMO, it's a waste to put a trem on that guitar, it's just not meant to be. It's doable, even though expensive, unpratical, and very, very, VERY much unadvisable to do it on your own.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag

IMO, it's a waste to put a trem on that guitar, it's just not meant to be..

Why is it that so many people say it's not meant to be? Same with humbuckers in strats. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just saying that there's nothign really wrong with it. I've seen a few les pauls with trems, and Bullet Fan wants one of those. What's wrong with that?
Quote by sashki
Why is it that so many people say it's not meant to be? Same with humbuckers in strats. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just saying that there's nothign really wrong with it. I've seen a few les pauls with trems, and Bullet Fan wants one of those. What's wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with that, hence the IMO in my post. I think that guitar isn't meant to have a floyd rose, it's meant to play some baddass riffs and an occasional solo. If he wants one and is willing to cope with all the hassle it'll bring (the installation, I mean), then fine, it's up to him. I gave my opinion, and said that I don't think that guitar should have a floyd... that's all.
Quote by primusfan

Cheers for help so far
Oh yea if i did get it done it would Definatly be done by a proffesional, My friends brother did it on his EC-400 and it's incredible. Out of interest could the guitar become totally screwed even if it is done professionally??
Quote by Bullet_Fan
Cheers for help so far
Oh yea if i did get it done it would Definatly be done by a proffesional, My friends brother did it on his EC-400 and it's incredible. Out of interest could the guitar become totally screwed even if it is done professionally??

The guitar would not be totally screwed if it is a true professional.

Just take it to someone you trust, like the guy who did your friend's brother's guitar. Installing a floyd isn't easy, but anyone can learn to do it.

I think Dimebag installed floyds by himself.
Quote by sashki
The guitar would not be totally screwed if it is a true professional.

Just take it to someone you trust, like the guy who did your friend's brother's guitar. Installing a floyd isn't easy, but anyone can learn to do it.

I think Dimebag installed floyds by himself.

Yeah, if it's done the right way, you should be just fine. There isn't any physical aspect that's different between floyd equipped/non-floyd equiped guitars, aside from the obvious. For example, if you block the trem in a floyd'd guitar, it'll become like any other fixed bridge guitar, bar the locking parts.
Quote by primusfan

I'd imagine the carved top would give you lots of trouble...
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
The carved top has to be level in the "lane" where the neck, pickups and hardware are mounted. So you can install it there. And there are a lot of carved tops with floyds...like ESP and Schecter.

I still recommend a Kahler, though.
^ No they don't, there are humbucker mounting rings made specificly for carved top guitars. The top doesn't have to even be flat for the neck, as long as the strings clear the body, the body can really be any shape the builder wants.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by BladeSlinger
If you do alot of down tuning don't get a floyd rose.....it'll be a bitch to adjust it so much....

Yer i thought about that, but atm it stays in either Down a whole step or Drop C, would it be a pain changing between the two?
Quote by Bullet_Fan
Yer i thought about that, but atm it stays in either Down a whole step or Drop C, would it be a pain changing between the two?

Hell yeah it would.

Stick to your current bridge.
Come to think of it, the amount of money you would spend on installing an FR (assuming you're giving it some pro to do) would pretty much be the same amount you could spend on a new guitar with an FR.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.