ok this is technically another what guitar thread, at the end of march i will be completely debt free from my previous guitar and will start saving up for a new guitar (which will be used for the various tunings i use) and possibly a new amp. The guitars i am looking at are a fender jaguar '62 re-issue and a fender standard telecaster.

i'm not sure which one to get first and i'm currently looking at amps with no real prefrence

i play grunge (hence my username) and indie
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Damn that's tough

For grunge, it might make more sense to go with the jag (it's muddier lol)

But I prefer teles in general.
teles are way to twangy for grunge.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Teles are very versatile (Im getting one after my amp), for grunge alone a jag but for all round versatility (and no stupid off switches lol) go for the tele
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
jag is good for grunge tele is good for indie. but seeing as you have a fender mustang id get the tele
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
my name is Twitch... and i'm only 16 but i know my guitars... I dont like Fender but if you want one i'd go with the Fender Tele... just because it gives you some really good tone for not as much

its a lot simpler too compared to some of the Jag models i've seen, with all of their tone switches and knobs, that just seems like too much to me...

now for my suggestion:

Personally i play Ibanez... the best guitars ever in my opinion, i have 6 of them...

2 Electrics: an RG and a Jumpstart
2 E. Basses: a Jumpstart 4 str. and a SR505 5 str.
and 2 Acoustics

But for you i might suggest the Ibanez JTK2, it offers a similar feel and style of a Fender Jag, and has many of the same tone switches and all that.
(but i find those to be all too unnecessary...)

they're awesome for what i do... mostly metal and heavier grunge... but the RG was only $400 plus tax, and it had built in passive EMG designed pickups so the tone and clerity is amazing...

go to the website and look at the RG models, they're awesome in my opinion....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for amplifiers...

'd look into some of the Crate heads....

the Crate GLX1200H head has built-in digital effects like flange, reverb, distortion types, and has 3 foot-switchable modes... for 120 watts that isn't too bad... also has a built-in tuner that you dont have to mute the head to use... (nice feature in my opinion)

the Crate GT1200H is another 120 watt head that also has foot-switch capability, but only has a spring reverb built-in...

overall they're pretty good for small gigs and band practice for little under $600...

i use the GT1200H w/ a Crate G412SL slanted cab and its one of the best sounding ones you can get for $500...

again.... i'm an advocate of Musiciansfriend.com and i'm also a big fan of Ibanez guitars.....

but look around.... see what you like....

if you want.... send me a message and we could discuss this on AIM....

happy hunting my friend.... tell me what you wind up doing....
Fender are great guitars, but its a personal preference
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

i was interested in the jag and the tele because i love my mustang and wanted something similar with single coils
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
fender teles are top!!!! i own one myself (mexican) not too keen on strats thought because the pickups get in the way and dnt rlli like the sound! wouldnt mind havin one tho lol
Quote by Bradaharp
fender teles are top!!!! i own one myself (mexican) not too keen on strats thought because the pickups get in the way and dnt rlli like the sound! wouldnt mind havin one tho lol

I love my strat . The tele would be a good partner for your jag
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap