In about 5 hours I'm going to have a band practice, and I really need to get rid of my sore throat. I sing falsetto, and the other members invted friends to watch, so I need to get better. And advice on what to do?
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Die.

Ok that's a bit extreme, but there's probably nothing you can do. Drink water, take paracetemol, ditch the practice. That's basically what a GP'd tell you.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
I'd perfer not to, actually.

Edit: Er...to the second poster.

To the third poster, I can safely say nothing prom a penis has ever come with a foot of my mouth.
Don't talk, don't clear your throat, drink water. I doubt it will go away but it will be slightly better.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by Snipe
To the third poster, I can safely say nothing prom a penis has ever come with a foot of my mouth.

Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Buckely's? If you can get your ands on some of that shit your soar throat will be gone in like an hourish...You might even want to take it a few times on diffrent hours, warning tho, it looks like man-yogurt and tastes like shit...

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Quote by Anything Goes
Don't talk, don't clear your throat, drink water. I doubt it will go away but it will be slightly better.

Thanks.
C-vitamins!

oranges etc!
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
if you can get a hand on some Kanka that stuff will clear it up in a second, its usually for mouth sores (i use it for cuts for my braces) but it works well to numb your throat as well

tilt your head up and breath heavily for a few minutes until your throat feels dry then swallow a bit of kanka. it will only numb the upper part of your throat though as the epiglottis wont let it go towards the lungs.

or buckleys and some throat lozenges
this might sound weird, but it works really well. grate some root ginger into Coke, heat it for a minute or so in the microwave, and drink. its brilliant for sore throats i promise you.
Thanks, if It's not clear in a few hours I think I'll go find some Buckleys. For now I'm trying the orange juice thing, and it's actually helping a bit.
Quote by bluewilliams
this might sound weird, but it works really well. grate some root ginger into Coke, heat it for a minute or so in the microwave, and drink. its brilliant for sore throats i promise you.

Yeah man, ginger root is like ambrosia. It's no coincidence that all those ancient chinese sages who consumed that stuff 24/7 lived to be in their 200s.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Quote by musicianamedave
Yeah man, ginger root is like ambrosia. It's no coincidence that all those ancient chinese sages who consumed that stuff 24/7 lived to be in their 200s.

wooo! a chinese gal actually taught me that one y'know.
Quote by Snipe
In about 5 hours I'm going to have a band practice, and I really need to get rid of my sore throat. I sing falsetto, and the other members invted friends to watch, so I need to get better. And advice on what to do?

falsetto? singing like a girl will make your throat hurt like one. that simple.
Quote by bluewilliams
wooo! a chinese gal actually taught me that one y'know.

Yeah, my Tai Chi Ch'uan (martial arts version of Tai Chi) instructor got me hooked on the stuff. There is never a point in time where I don't have some fresh ginger in my apartment, and because of it I haven't gotten sick in at least 6 years.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~