me and these other 5 guys started a band.we play rock/prog.rock/whatever you call it. so lately weve been playing more quiet songs, kinda like dont cry, or civil war(No im not comparing my songs to GnR songs....)or even some aerosmith songs, its kinda same stile...
so yesterdy i came up with a preety heavy heavy riff, and we tried it.well my drumer kept going outa bit, and not staying in rhythem, and i was stunned because hes one of the besti ever seen, hes playing like 3 years with a teacher. and today i talked to him on msn messenger, and he told me to come up with quite riffs, and he says the distortion sounds too heavy and shit. so hes complaning that he cant play hard rock, and that he likes quite songs more, so i told him he dont have the right to tell me what songs to come up with, and that he cant just limit me.... so he saud im making a big deal outta it and said that hes gonna have a talk with the whole band about this......so what the hell?! is it me who caused the problem or is it him with his limits?!

whatever i dont wanna be a prick, but dont tell me to get a new drummer.or maybe do tell me....but i would prefer it if you didnt....
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
make a group decision on what songs to play, if nobody wants to play heavy, then its ur problem, but if they're open to heavier stuff, find a drummer who can handle it.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
music has no ****ing limits....

So u got 3 options

1. he doesnt want to play, he quits
2. he and all the others dont want to play, they kick u out of the band
3. you quit before they kick u out of the band
Learn to swim....

Αλλη μια πέτρα που κυλά...

[quote="Chris.Rock.Art
"]he's my "friend" he said he wanted me to see. It wasn't an accident...he wants to have sex
bandleading forum?

your drummer is a bit gay. you cant make a decent album out of 12 civil war knock offs... if you get what i mean. you gotta have some lively stuff there too
hmmm, it sounds to me like you're being a bit of an asshole here, he's obviously not a big fan of the same music as you, but thats ok. talk to him about it, ask him politely to try and learn some heavier stuff, without being condescending or patronising, or just being a jerk. just see if he's willing to learn some heavier stuff.
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
^.....hes a big fan of guns n roses stuff....especialy the heavy shit.....well he used to.
Quote:
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
^i aint the band leader.....
Quote:
yeah your drummers being a dick...i would tell him to shut the hell up, and play along to my riff.
umm I'd say talk to the rest fo the band see what they think. and If the drummer can't play heavier stuff.. he can't be as good as you say cos It's not exactly hard. anyway, see what the other guys think.
If you gave him some riff that sounds like necrophagist then I can understand your drummer. You can make heavy riffs that are melodic and quieter and appeal to people other than guitarists.
If its only one heavy song you have made, then your drummer is being quite idle. Its boring if all the songs sound the same. Its nice to have them sound different.
TRANSFORMICE

Just tell him a joke, "Two musicians and a drummer walk into a bar..."
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Tell him to start coming up with some guitar riffs he likes then. It's only funny if he doesn't play any melodic instruments.
yeah you gotta be able to play different things and your drummer is being a dick. but at least you have a drummer. if he starts pissing you off enoguh kick him out of the band.
DAVE MUSTAINE FOR SUPREME RULER OF THE WORLD
all of you have to have a say on the songs you play otherwise you will get shitty members and they may even leave
Lead all the way