Alright,

I was all excited upon receiving the Keeley modded ds-1, as I've heard so much good stuff about it and everyone saying it's the perfect marshall in a box.
So I set everything up, and I find it extremely bassy. I mean I play an open E and it sounds like I'm using my neck pickup (while actually using bridge). Is this normal? I've lowered the bass on the amp, but now my clean sounds too trebbly.

Also, the pedal sounds very processed. I am using a roland cube 20 and a cheap ass ibanez with emg-hzs while I wait for my Gibson SG standard, and a laney LC-15.
Will the new guitar and amp remove the "digital" that I am hearing right now?
Yea, but did you change the DS1's tone control?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Yea, but did you change the DS1's tone control?

yeah, but above 9 o'clock, it sounds incredibly sharp and raspy
For starters your using a solid state moddeling amp, so your sound aint gonna be great with a igh end pedal like that, there menat for valve amps.
Secondly, can see from your sig your using alot of pedals, none of which are true bypass i can see, this can 'suck' your tone and you sound pretty digital. When you get your laney (all valve) your sound will be alot better.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Hey notsojoeyb4eva, still buying my Crybaby?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
wow, this is a stupidass thread

"i have a roland cube, is it this!?"

patronising i may be, but DUHHHHH!

and get rid of the guitar, those pups are more mud than the brown stuff out the ground
It's the amp, it has an 8 inch speaker if I'm correct and anything under a 10 is really just going to sound boxy, puny, and wimpy. Your new amp will sound a lot better.
Quote by davedoom
wow, this is a stupidass thread

"i have a roland cube, is it this!?"

patronising i may be, but DUHHHHH!

and get rid of the guitar, those pups are more mud than the brown stuff out the ground

wow, could anyone be more of a dick.
i was asking a simple ****ing question which could be nicely answered by a simple ****ing answer. but that seems surreal to your know-it-all self centered ass. if you didnt want to respond, you shouldn't have. you shouldn't even have clicked on the thread if you felt like this thread was stupid.
also i mentioned IN MY FIRST POST i was waiting for my GIBSON SG STANDARD and LANEY LC-15 to get here jackass.
i wanted to know if it would change dramatically when i would get them. but you know what, thank you for that, i know know where to look for some failed attempt at flaming someone.
pisses me off people you think they can just own a thread like it's their own ****ing rules. go die bitch, you're a disgrace to the human race.

Quote by TehJermie
It's the amp, it has an 8 inch speaker if I'm correct and anything under a 10 is really just going to sound boxy, puny, and wimpy. Your new amp will sound a lot better.

thanks. i think the Laney is only like, a 10 though. and i wont be able to get a 12 inch cause i live in a small apartment, is which would be the cheapest tube amp with a 12 inch i guess? going used doesn't bother me at all.
Last edited by jpetrucci5655 at Jan 29, 2007,
I think your Laney will do just great. If you have you heart absolutely set on something with a twelve, try seeking out a used Peavey Classic 20 or a Fender Blues Junior.
Quote by jpetrucci5655
wow, could anyone be more of a dick.
i was asking a simple ****ing question which could be nicely answered by a simple ****ing answer. but that seems surreal to your know-it-all self centered ass. if you didnt want to respond, you shouldn't have. you shouldn't even have clicked on the thread if you felt like this thread was stupid.
also i mentioned IN MY FIRST POST i was waiting for my GIBSON SG STANDARD and LANEY LC-15 to get here jackass.
i wanted to know if it would change dramatically when i would get them. but you know what, thank you for that, i know know where to look for some failed attempt at flaming someone.
pisses me off people you think they can just own a thread like it's their own ****ing rules. go die bitch, you're a disgrace to the human race.

And you just lowered yourself to his level.

I hate it when people accuse others of being stupid and then go on a massive hating rant like that.
Quote by sam i am

I hate it when people accuse others of being stupid and then go on a massive hating rant like that.

Way to fuel the fire. Oh my, I'm doing the same thing, irony.
take it or leave it, im not a miserable ass

just seemed quite silly that you bought that pedal even with your new setup thats all

please, no swearing kids, got me booted for behaving like a fool and im still doin it
Quote by davedoom
take it or leave it, im not a miserable ass

just seemed quite silly that you bought that pedal even with your new setup thats all

please, no swearing kids, got me booted for behaving like a fool and im still doin it

sorry to object, but you are.

i bought this pedal for various reasons, mainly because my mom was coming back from the USA and could bring it back, and in turn i could sell it for much more in france if i didnt like it.

its a win/win situation, so yeah, i guess that dubs me an idiot

Quote by sam i am

funny how you come into a thread JUST to say that...pathetic
Last edited by jpetrucci5655 at Jan 29, 2007,
^Don't take it so seriously mate, if you don't like what he said, then ignore it. What is it about forums that make people so aggressive?!
Quote by Nolly
^Don't take it so seriously mate, if you don't like what he said, then ignore it. What is it about forums that make people so aggressive?!

i think its the fact that i see so much flaming for no reason that makes me want to flame.

we're all trapped in a vicious circle.

just for once i go making a thread about one of my problems, and some guy has to be a huge smartass about it.
and why dont you have Pround To Be An Ass in your sig?

i give much helpful advice on these forums and get along with most, if not all people, my comment was slightly silly, doesnt make me a man who should receive a comment back with sarcasm in it.
the keeley ds-1 is great, it's your amp. the roland doesn't like pedals, it models them. the laney will sound much better. also, you're pickups may have something to do with it. but, i have never tried EMG's, active or passive. not my cup of tea
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns