I was thinking about EMG but then I figured they would be too metal... I play mostly Lostprophets, Muse etc. and some (less heavy) Metallica songs. I have an Epi SG and like it so should I get new pickups or a new guitar?
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

Well, I'd recommend some Seymour Duncans. For the bridge position, try a JB, or a Custom (that's actually what it's called)

For the neck, can't go wrong with a '59. It's the (almost) standard in neck pickups.

If you can afford 'em, check out Gibson's Burstbuckers and 57 classics.

EDIT: please excuse my lack of geographical knowledge, but is your shed in England? Cos there you can get awesome Bare Knuckle pickups. Matt Bellamy uses them. You might wanna try some. Amazing stuff, and relatively cheap, too.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 29, 2007,
How much? My price range should be around £150 I think... unless they're great then I could make an exception!
Member #29 of the "Use Your Fecking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.

Current Gear: Hamer XT Sunburst Qlt
Epiphone SG G-400
Bugera 333 212

Roland Cube 60
+ some pedals.

I back the Seymour Duncan suggestion. Great natural rock pickups.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
If you like the guitar then keep it and seeing as though you're in the UK check out Swineshead pickups. Cheaper than the SD's over there and just as good if not better.
i say seymour Custom (SH-5) NOT the "custom-custom", or the "custom5", JUST THE CUSTOM!
and an SD jazz in the neck.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules